Author Topic: [1.5.3] POP3 or IMAP email not received; PHP setup?  (Read 4873 times)

fcoauga

• www.augadaterra.org
    • View Profile
    • Auga da Terra
[1.5.3] POP3 or IMAP email not received; PHP setup?
« on: September 11, 2009, 08:51:40 pm »
Hey!

I know that there is a few topics with very similar problem, but I need explain it on a new thread...

Perhaps is near the moment when the childboards for the forum are necesary (mail, reports, gelsheet, ...  ::)

My problem is the next: checking 1 mail account for my provider (the same that hosting my opengoo installation) and 1 mail account from gmail (either pop & imap) only receive errors.

The same tests over my local installation of opengoo works fine (and with Thunderbird, of course).

No problem with smtp.

Sockets with my provider seem be ok

Code: [Select]
Registered Stream Socket Transports: tcp, udp, unix, udg, ssl, sslv3, sslv2, tls
You can check here my installation phpinfo

The relevant lines on my php.debug are:

#1 ERROR: Error: fsockopen() [<a href='function.fsockopen'>function.fsockopen</a>]: unable to connect to ssl://pop.gmail.com:995 (Connection timed out) in '/var/www/vhost/byrnet.info/home/html/og/library/PEAR/Net/Socket.php' on line 136 (error code: 2)
#1 ERROR: Error: fsockopen() [<a href='function.fsockopen'>function.fsockopen</a>]: unable to connect to 217.76.150.229:110 (Connection timed out) in '/var/www/vhost/byrnet.info/home/html/og/library/PEAR/Net/Socket.php' on line 136 (error code: 2)
#2 ERROR: Error: fsockopen() [<a href='function.fsockopen'>function.fsockopen</a>]: unable to connect to ssl://imap.gmail.com:993 (Connection timed out) in '/var/www/vhost/byrnet.info/home/html/og/library/PEAR/Net/Socket.php' on line 138 (error code: 2)
Searching the web I find this:

The socket will by default be opened in blocking mode. You can switch it to non-blocking mode by using stream_set_blocking().

Could be?

« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 05:24:28 pm by fcoauga »
-----
Testing Opengoo:
 external server with PHP 5.1.6 & MySQL 5.0.45
 locally server with PHP 5.2.0 & MySQL 5.0.27
Viewed with Mozilla 3.0.1 & Opera 9.60

fcoauga

• www.augadaterra.org
    • View Profile
    • Auga da Terra
Re: [1.5.3] POP3 or IMAP email not received; PHP setup?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 05:51:17 pm »
Trying to solve my problems I had installed opengoo [1.5.3] in various server with this  ??? results:

opengoo installed on:local: easyPhppaid: arsys.comfree: 000webhostfree: heliohostfree: hostcell

byrnet.info pop3okneverinstallation failedokok
byrnet.info imapokneverinstallation failednevernever
gmail pop3okneverinstallation failednevernever
gmail imapokneverinstallation failednevernever

note 1: byrnet.info is my domain located over the provider arsys
note 2: the 000webhost new installation (1.5.3) failed because the error 'missing.lang' and others appears (this old topic talks about this, I think. I had this problem in other local installations and solve it with some solution located in this forum, but nothing is good on 000webhost  >:(

I think that the developer team has a hard work with the email module. ;)

What we need check onthe server for the mail module? :-\
-----
Testing Opengoo:
 external server with PHP 5.1.6 & MySQL 5.0.45
 locally server with PHP 5.2.0 & MySQL 5.0.27
Viewed with Mozilla 3.0.1 & Opera 9.60