Author Topic: Getting OpenGoo to save drafts, sent emails on IMAP server  (Read 4667 times)

keeblerelfmatt

• View Profile
Getting OpenGoo to save drafts, sent emails on IMAP server
« on: September 06, 2009, 06:29:54 pm »
Pretty much the subject line, but is there a way to configure OpenGoo to store draft and sent emails in a folder on an IMAP server?

keeblerelfmatt

• View Profile
Re: Getting OpenGoo to save drafts, sent emails on IMAP server
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 09:55:58 am »
Bumpedy bump bump  ;D

Anybody got any ideas or is this just not part of OpenGoo? If it's not, what do I do about exporting emails and data if I need to?

mogliii

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 07:49:11 am »
Hi,

here the same issue. Lets say I decide to use opengoo just for a project and want to move the email away, how to get the sent email back to the server?

mrmango

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 07:53:42 am »
Hi,

I thought e-mails are downloaded from IMAP, drafts are not saved to IMAP. Its almost like a POP3 implementation. OpenGoo downloads IMAP e-mails, stores them in the OpenGoo side, leaving IMAP alone.

I could be wrong, but I am sure that is how its implemented.

Mango

Hi,

here the same issue. Lets say I decide to use opengoo just for a project and want to move the email away, how to get the sent email back to the server?

mogliii

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 08:09:29 am »
Yes, exactly.
But this is a problem, because it might be that one will not use Opengoo for the whole life of the mailaccount.
All sent emails are stored in the opengoo MySQL database in a specific format, so you can not have them on your IMAP server. You don't have control over emails composed and sent through opengoo (that is my opinion).

mrmango

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 10:24:10 am »
I do believe they plan to change this, when I do not know.

To me, the mail option, is for what OpenGoo is used for when it comes to our usage... Projects. I install email IMAP accounts for handling projects, my usual business e-mail is through either my fat client or business webmail. Any support calls are sucked into our other helpdesk system. So not sure really.. Its not a bad thing, I don't use OpenGoo for standard business users. Its for handling projects and materials around them. But yes I am sure people use OpenGoo specifically for their home business page. But if that's the case, does it matter if e-mail is drawn into MySQL?

Yes it would be nice to be using IMAP folders, but for us its not a priority, for u  ;)

I guess OpenGoo devs could answer if and when this gets put in :)

Mango

linker3000

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 06:57:19 am »
Hi,

I was looking at Opengoo/Feng as a possible replacement for our Company Intranet & Squirrellmail Webmail app, supporting around 150 users. I first tried the app over a year ago and have been waiting for it to mature, especially in the area of email.

Having just installed the latest version for a re-visit, I like what I see very much, but with the best will in the world Feng will not be the only front end to our IMAP mail server - some Managers and Directors will not abandon Microsoft Outlook and we also have IMAP-compatible mail apps on our PDAs and phones and it's a show-stopper to not have sent mail and other folders kept up to date on the actual mail server so that sent mail etc. can be seen on other devices.

Are there any plans to provide full IMAP support? If so, any timeframe? if full IMAP support isn't going to happen I'm sorry to say that the lack of that one feature will stop us using Feng Office.

linker3000

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 12:32:04 pm »
Bump!?

Still can't implement OpenGoo unless IMAP is fully supported as described.

What's the current status?

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 02:58:42 pm »
Hi, we plan to add full IMAP support but it's not priority right now so it isn't scheduled for any version yet, sorry

If you can afford it you can sponsor the feature here.