Author Topic: [1.5.3] undefined Variable : properties in Notifier.class.php  (Read 2863 times)

tjdykb

• View Profile
[1.5.3] undefined Variable : properties in Notifier.class.php
« on: September 03, 2009, 07:45:45 am »
Hi,

I just upgrade to 1.5.3, and there are no notification email sent out, this the sample error log.

Code: [Select]
Session "default" started at 2009-09-03T10:46:27+0000
#1 ERROR: Error: Undefined variable: properties in '/path/gooidm/application/models/notifier/Notifier.class.php' on line 145 (error code: 8)
Time since start: 0.33507204055786 seconds
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't now whether it happen in 1.5.2 or not, because I just start to learn my way around.

tjdykb

• View Profile
Re: [1.5.3] undefined Variable : properties in Notifier.class.php
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 10:47:53 am »
Sorry,
My bad  ;D ..

Turns out that my disable_functions directive caused this.

Code: [Select]
disable_functions ="system,passthru,proc_close,proc_get_status,proc_nice,proc_open,proc_terminate"
I remove that line in my php.ini, and the problem disappeared, subscriber now get their notification  :)

jc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 09:55:31 pm »
I have also noticed this error in my log.php file.  I am not sure exactly what the effect of it is but it seems there is a variable ($properties) missing from the static function newObjectComment

line 145:
   self::objectNotification($comment, $subscribers, logged_user(), 'new', "new comment posted", array($object->getObjectName()), $properties);

brian_enotion

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 03:44:42 pm »
I am also seeing this error in my logs.  To my knowledge my users are getting at least *some* of their notifications, but I'm not positive that nothing is falling through the cracks.

tjdykb, that line in your php.ini file is intended to prevent PHP apps from running potentially dangerous commands.  Removing it just to get OpenGoo working seems to run counter to best practices, not to mention the goals of the OpenGoo team, one of which is to create a *secure*, enterprise-grade application.

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 05:10:46 pm »
@jc: The undefined $properties error is fixed for 1.6.

@tjdykb: I don't think any of the disabled functions you posted is needed by OpenGoo to send email notifications. Are you sure that removing that line is what fixed the problem?