Author Topic: Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /usr/share/opengoo  (Read 3103 times)

rtomimbang

• View Profile
Hi Everyone,

This is another problem I am encountering right now for opengoo.  This message appears whenever I tried to access one of my workspaces.  Any idea on this one?

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /usr/share/opengoo/application/models/project_tasks/base/BaseProjectTask.class.php on line 778

Here are my logs

#18 ERROR: Error: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in '/usr/share/opengoo/application/controllers/AdministrationController.class.php' on line 193 (error code: 2)
Time since start: 0.134234189987 seconds
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Session "default" started at 2009-08-28T16:48:33+0000
#1 ERROR: Error: simplexml_load_file() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-file'>function.simplexml-load-file</a>]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution in '/usr/share/opengoo/application/models/versons_feed/VersionsFeed.class.php' on line 114 (error code: 2)
#2 ERROR: Error: simplexml_load_file(http://www.opengoo.org/versions.xml) [<a href='function.simplexml-load-file'>function.simplexml-load-file</a>]: failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution in '/usr/share/opengoo/application/models/versons_feed/VersionsFeed.class.php' on line 114 (error code: 2)
#3 ERROR: Error: simplexml_load_file() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-file'>function.simplexml-load-file</a>]: I/O warning : failed to load external entity &quot;http://www.opengoo.org/versions.xml&quot; in '/usr/share/opengoo/application/models/versons_feed/VersionsFeed.class.php' on line 114 (error code: 2)
Time since start: 0.127681970596 seconds
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Much needed advise on this one.

PHP 5.2.6-1+lenny3
MySQL 5.0.51a-24+lenny1
Server version: Apache/2.2.9 (Debian)

Many thanks to all.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 06:40:46 am by rtomimbang »

ignacio

• View Profile
The error is because the request is exceeding the maximum allowed execution time of 30 seconds.  30 seconds seems too much time for one request.

You could change the maximum execution time to a higher value (or 0 for indefinitely) in your php.ini file. If you don't have a php.ini file just create an empty file in your OpenGoo root, name it php.ini and insert this line:

Code: [Select]
max_execution_time = 300

If it doesn't work and you get the same error you should try searching other ways of configuring PHP that may work for you, or if possible ask your hosting provider.

I have some questions:
Was it you that posted a similar error message about a "Memory exhausted" error? How many objects approximately do you have in your installation? When exactly does this error come up (on which tabs)?

Thanks.

rtomimbang

• View Profile
Hi,

Regarding your inquiry:

1)  on memory exhausted no. I did not post that one.
2) on objects I have less than a 200 so far.
3) the problem appears only when members of their respective workspaces login to the system and the default workspace will give out that error message.  (overview tab)

in my observation their personal workspaces (individual members/ who has account to the system) is not a problem.  only those workspaces we created wherein there are more than two (2) members of that worspace experiences these errors.

thanks so much for the reply.  i look forward for the release of the patch for versions 1.5.1 and 1.5.2

« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 10:36:25 pm by rtomimbang »