Author Topic: Task subscribers do not show up in "Subscribers" interface  (Read 2701 times)

negg

• View Profile
Task subscribers do not show up in "Subscribers" interface
« on: August 31, 2009, 06:29:53 am »
When someone is subscribed to a task and you open that task (e.g. to unsubscribe him) he does not show up in the interface "Subscribers" (the one with the big buttons).

alvarotm01

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Task subscribers do not show up in "Subscribers" interface
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 04:16:46 pm »
The user must have permissions over the task's workspace to appear in the subscribers list.
Try giving permissions to that user, and then unsubscribe him.

Did you removed user permissions over that ws after the user was subscribed to the task?

negg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 11:05:05 am »
You might be right, maybe I changed the permissions, though I don't think this is too probable. We changed from a personal to group permissions, and all my users are in the same group having access to all projects.

I don't think it makes sense, though, to have someone subscribed to a project he does no longer belong to or have permissions to. Would expect all subscriptions to be removed when permissions are removed. Or at least he should no longer be displayed as "subscribed" in the overview.

I will keep an eye on this and get back here if I find something unusual! Thanks so far!

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 03:36:33 pm »
For next version, users with no permissions for an object won't be listed in the subscribers and won't receive any notifications.

Thanks.