Author Topic: 9.1 Upgrade README clarification (perplexed)  (Read 6164 times)

editfish

• View Profile
9.1 Upgrade README clarification (perplexed)
« on: October 17, 2008, 01:13:54 am »
The README included in the 0.9.1 release has instructions to " Upgrade from 0.7 and older" and to "Upgrade from 0.9".  It has no instructions for upgrading from 0.8.  ???

I'm running v 0.8, and did not upgrade to the [broken?] 0.9.

The instructions for the 0.7 and older state that as part of the upgrade procedure, one will lastly upgrade "from 0.8 to 0.9".

Can I upgrade from 0.8 directly to 0.9.1, or do I need to first upgrade to the [broken?] 0.9?

Thanks!

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: 9.1 Upgrade README clarification (perplexed)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 09:32:52 am »
If you have version 0.8 and want to upgrade to version 0.9.1 you have to download version 0.9.1 and unpack everything except the 'config' and 'upload' folders into your OpenGoo's root directory. Then, in your browser, go to <opengoo>/public/upgrade and choose to upgrade from 0.8 to 0.9. This will leave you with OpenGoo version 0.9.1.

I agree it's not too clear. We shall improve this for future versions.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 12:37:20 pm by ignacio »

editfish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 10:40:27 am »
Thanks for the help.  Will I still have to remove certain [included] folders prior to upgrade, as stated in the README?

Sorry to seem so dense with this.  We're using the beta fairly heavily and I don't want to risk breaking it (even though it will be backed up).

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 12:35:59 pm »
Yes, you have to remove those folders, otherwise you will overwrite your config file and, if you are storing your OpenGoo files in the file system, you will break your repository. The folders you actually have to remove are just 'config' and 'upload' (the others are empty and won't overwrite anything). I'll update my post.

editfish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 02:15:14 pm »
Thanks a million; I hoping to work on the upgrade this weekend.