Author Topic: Encrypted stored data, collaborative bookmark and an xml mindmapping  (Read 2668 times)

miguipda

• View Profile
Hi,

first of all sincerely thanks for OpenGoo.

Here are my four requests :

1) SIZE : in the FAQ please tell us how many space must we need to use OpenGoo. Needed for people who need to ask/buy a hosting space.

2) LEVELS : we think to manage some sensible data in our team. Some people have different security level Some people that have the same level need to see the context content used documents (mail, task, ...). They need to see the content of the level of people wich a lower level but can not see the content of upper level. By this way the default level can be set for the project manager. If he think there is 8 level it set to 8. I f he just need 4 he set to 4. The default and minimum must be 3. The maximum can be set to what you want. Why the minimum is 3. Because by default each user and content get the level 2. This allow a user to set his personal content to 3 and set a setting to "not share with other". In this case nobody else can see the personal content he use.
Then we need a level security management of the users and content by context.

3) BOOKMARK : each user need to manage his own bookmark and also the context bookmark or user level bookmarks. Those three bookmark kind could be get a colored icon (like the context). The personal are gree, the context are yellow and the level are red. Or all the colors you want.
We really need a bookmark manager (use the XBEL xml standard system).

4) MINDMAPPING : to share the ideas it could be interresting to have a mindmapping system (with XML).

5) SECURED DATA : the content we manage is sensible and then we need a module or a setting that encrypt the content in the database to be secure. For that you can put a settings (no by default) that allow to store data with MD5 (database or code) function.

Sincerely thanks to do this as soon as possible.

Bye.

Miguipda ;-)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 04:25:13 am by miguipda »

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
Re: Encrypted stored data, collaborative bookmark and an xml mindmapping
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 06:41:53 pm »
Hello Miguipda,

Mindmap viewer was integrated to OpenGoo a couple of months ago. You need to upload a .mm extension file (i.e. created with FreeMind) and have a flash plugin for your browser.
I'll recommend including application size in readme.txt.

Most of your other suggestions sound interesting, but none of them is considered high priority nowadays. If you are interested in having them soon, we can develop them for you as a sponsored feature.

Please let me know.
Regards

miguipda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 02:28:52 am »
Dear Cabeza,

sincerely thanks for your answer. And certainly for the mindmap system. I must say I am just now too busy to start OpenGoo installation. But in some days I will start to use it. Then I didn't know the mindmapping is already available. But must you say it is just in read mode actually or is it possible to create some mindmaps ?

Secondly and the last one. To encrypt object (note, mindmap or other classic objects : I don't talk about documents or mail or calendar) I just though to use the MD5 function available in PHP and MySQL.

Then can you please tell me if the database queries are stored in a specific php file and then I can adapt it myself or are they in so many files I will then play to find them and adapt them. This will help me to quickly solve my problem due to the fact you now doesn't have time enough (I really understand it).

Sincerely thanks and please continue to give us a sincerely interresting suite.

Have a nice day,

Miguipda ;-)

miguipda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 08:49:01 am »
Hi,

I saw there is two functions cp_encrypt and cp_decrypt that can be used to encrypt/decrypt.
Then whe a user create notes, contact or task (and later mindmap) this creator can decide which field must be encrypted. In this case this kind of data will always protected even if somebody have a look to the database. And when a user (lower/upper level) don't have accreditation he can't not see this content.

Then a user receive a level in the hierarchy and receive an accreditation to see some kinds of data. In fact a member of my office is not able to see some data content. By example the phone number of a specific company. Simply due to the fact he is a secretary and I am a ressource manager (by example).

Don't forget that the only encryptable data are :
- notes,
- contact (the creator decide which field must be encrypted),
- tasks (the creator decide which field must be encrypted),
- mindmap (the creator decide which field must be encrypted) when available.

Except the administrator, nobody else the creator can decide if a field must or not be encrypted.

With pleasure to see the next opengoo version with those new specifications.
If you need more explanation concerning my idea I shared to you I am there to tell you more.

Have a nice day,

Miguipda ;-)