Author Topic: Email disappearing  (Read 11103 times)

icfw

• View Profile
Email disappearing
« on: August 24, 2009, 06:39:56 pm »
I have just installed the latest 1.5.2 stable version of OpenGoo. The problem I am facing is that once I start shifting between Workspaces, the entire content of Inbox, Sent message, etc, disappears from user's view. The "Refresh the view" button which is available on the left hand side does not change the situation. The only way is to click on "Reload current page" in the internet browser. I have tried it in both FireFox and Internet Explorer 8. The message on the screen reads "There are no 'Emails' in..."

Can you help?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 07:11:03 pm by icfw »

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Email disappearing
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 07:14:38 pm »
Your inbox is only visible while standing on "All". We may have to improve this behavior on the future as it seems to be little intuitive for new users. The idea behind it is that all of this email (unclassified email) is not on a workspace so when you start filtering by some workspace you shouldn't be seeing it. If you assign an email to a workspace (classify it) and you filter by that workspace, then you will be see the classified email.

If that is not the problem you may have to watch your email filters. There's some more room for improvement: Making it more noticeable when you are filtering by something.

icfw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 07:34:27 pm »
Thank You for that clarification

r.oneill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 10:02:08 pm »
I had this same misconception of the goo product, and I tell you it was a big hurtle of some time to figure out.  So far so good with the environment, anytime when to take a whats perceived to be a standard component that's tied into large concepts its easy to mis-understand.

nitelabs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 10:24:50 am »
i have the same issue with 1.7 version.
emails are not showing when in email tab.
i also can't sort by date. things are back to normal when i restart browser.
it happens with all browsers i use (5) so i imagine it's not browser specific problem.
additionally, bottom navigation doesn't work properly. it shows no emails at all when i switch to email tab, it also shows 1 of 1 pages displayed in the footer, but if i type in number 12 to go to page no. 12, emails are displayed correctly.

i now changed imap folder settings, i just subscribed to additional folders, saved it and went to email tab to check emails.
all emails disappeared.

i got back to imap folder settings
all of folders were ticked.
once fetch imap folders pressed, only INBOX folder shows as selected and other selections disappears.
emails are still not displaying as it was before.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 10:32:13 am by nitelabs »

nitelabs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 10:37:11 am »
when using IE8, error - object expected shows at the top of the page when email tab clicked
no emails are displayed.
error returned by IE:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0)
Timestamp: Fri, 28 May 2010 13:39:31 UTC

Line: 106
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: http://somedomain.com/index.php?c=access&a=index
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 10:41:31 am by nitelabs »

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 11:23:32 am »
Thanks for reporting.

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 12:44:48 pm »
@nitelabs

We were not able to reproduce it. Any more info that could help us?