Author Topic: Email  (Read 9321 times)

c0lin

• View Profile
Email
« on: October 15, 2008, 12:01:00 am »
Hi,

I've successfully installed OpenGoo a few times now in various environments. I now have OpenGoo installed where I want it to be and stay and I hope tokeep OpenGoo for a long time and in the future implement it on business networks.

However I have a problem. I have my email configured properly with OpenGoo however nothing shows in the Inbox. I know OpenGoo is downloading the email properly as I get no errors when it downloads and it tells me it's downloaded the correct number of emails. (i.e. I send 2 test emails and OpenGoo reports that it downloaded 2 emails). I can also send email just fine.

The following is a screenshot of the overview tab:
http://localhostr.com/files/b3d393/overview.png

The first email is the one I sent to myself as a test from OpenGoo. It shows there properly and if I click on it also displays the email.

Here's a screenshot of the inbox. After looking at the overview tab:
http://localhostr.com/files/64bf31/messages.png

I've tried the following:
View > View All
View > All Emails
View > Unread Emails
View > Unclassified Emails

While writing this and going over a few troubleshooting steps. I discovered that if I tag an email from the Overview tab that tagged email will display properly under the Messages tab in the inbox.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Colin
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 08:04:51 pm by c0lin »

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
Re: Email
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 11:06:34 am »
Hi Colin,
thanks for reporting. We have been able to reproduce the bug but not yet been able to solve it.
The problem seems to be that status of the "Unread" button does not show what it should. This means that when you have no unread mails and the unread button is not marked, SOMETIMES only unread mails are being displayed (which in this case is no mails).
As a workaround: Try pressing the Unread button twice (press once, wait until load and press again).
Does the workaround work for you?
Thanks,
Marcos

c0lin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 08:04:01 pm »
That work-around does work, thanks! I thought I had actually pressed all the buttons multiple times. As I tend to click everything during troubleshooting.

I can't wait for version 1.0, I'll also try to report as many bugs as possible and post fixes if I can. I'm currently learning PHP/MySQL at work as the HR dept wants a standardized db for everything that will link into several systems. I tried OpenGoo because I wanted it to replace Sharepoint. Unfortunately, no LDAP and no SSL makes it a no-no for that particular environment.

Thanks for the help

Edit: Not so much the lack of SSL in general. I meant to say SSL email sending/receiving. Or the lack of IMAP.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 08:11:17 pm by c0lin »

c0lin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 04:20:26 pm »
More information on this issue.

For each new account I go through this process:
Click Unread, wait for loading, click Unread, wait for loading, Click Unread.
i.e. On, Off, On

After that process is complete all new email is seen properly. This only has to be performed once per account. And then of course on login the Unread button needs to be turned off because it appears to be turned on by default.

videosession

• View Profile
Re: Email (solution...maybe)
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 02:25:11 pm »
I successfully upgraded from 0.8 to 0.9.2 recently, and the email did not work in 0.8 but is working in 0.9.2.

Oddly enough, I had to logout then login one time before everything showed up correctly, so maybe a simple logout/login will also do the trick once you get the pop3 info entered for the email?

Opengoo is awesome; thanks to the developers for your hard work and talents.

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 03:00:34 pm »
After upgrading you usually need to refresh your browser so that the new javascript and CSS load, otherwise your browser will use its cached versions.

And thank you for your nice comments!

mekgp

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - mekgp
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 03:32:06 pm »
Code: [Select]
Error
Email retrieval complete: 0 emails received.<br/><br/>Error checking account 'xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com': Sockets Error: (0) -- The operation completed successfully.
Click to remove

Any ideas? 
My thought it is because this server is on/with a No-IP address.  The message states "....successfully." but no messages seem to appear that I've tested with.

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 01:54:18 pm »
Gmail accounts are currently not supported because they require SSL/TLS connections.
Take a look at this workaround:
http://forums.opengoo.org/index.php?topic=190.0
Thanks,
Marcos

mekgp

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - mekgp
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 04:58:29 pm »
Gmail accounts are currently not supported because they require SSL/TLS connections.
Take a look at this workaround:
http://forums.opengoo.org/index.php?topic=190.0
Thanks,
Marcos

Thxs Marcos...I'll see what I can setup!  ;)

Number8

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 03:38:34 pm »
Hello,

I can't get email working at all on v 1.0. 
I set up Administration->Configuration->Mailing:
Mail Transport:  SMTP Server
Use SMTP authentication: Yes
Use Secure SMTP connection: Yes

Next, I go to a workspace and set up an email account; the smtp settings are the same as in the Admin area.
When I click "Check email accounts" I get an error:
Error
Email retrieval complete. 0 emails retrieved.  <br/> <br/>  Error checking account 'xxx': Sockets error: (115)  Operation now in progress

Any help would be appreciated....

Don

• Freshman
    • ICQ Messenger - 41785409
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 02:06:15 am »
I have been having a very frustrating time with the email as well.

Between the local mail server on my test machine, my host file, secure ports on my ISP's server and just plain stupidity .... sigh. I guess no one can help with the stupidity bit.

Anyway - I don't know what
set up Administration->Configuration->Mailing:does, but client emails are set up in
Email->email actions->add/edit account