Author Topic: Preload pages in background  (Read 2595 times)

mrsteveman1

• View Profile
    • Email
Preload pages in background
« on: August 05, 2009, 12:16:45 am »
It seems that once a user has clicked each "tab" for notes, calender, email, in a workspace, they load quicker when the user goes back to them. Perhaps we can preload them in the background, slowly? This would make the entire interface appear faster to users.

carlos

• View Profile
Re: Preload pages in background
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 11:19:43 am »
Hi mrsteveman1,

Yes, every time a user changes context (i.e. changes workspace, or selects a tag) the tabs are redrawn when selecting them. Preloading them in the background would certainly improve performance, however at the cost of burdening the server with unnecessary requests if the user doesn't click on the tabs.

However, it would be quite safe to assume that context changes won't happen too often, and that one could for example disable preloading the overview tab, which is the costlier one... anyway, things we could eventually consider. Thanks for the suggestion..

max

• View Profile
Re: Preload pages in background
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 05:09:58 pm »
Ah, Carlos,

(sorry if i'm flooding you with posts today, hope you enjoy it ;)

How about a few selectors for the overview pane (I'm talking about the list view here, which i use most of the tim)

* show only events from today / the last xxxx hours / only new since my last visit
* filter by event type (show/hide... comments / tasks / documents / events)
* filter by action committed (marked as finished / changed tag / created new etc.)
* filter by user / Company
* filter by tag ... wait, that's already there! GREAT!

...i could ad-lib on that topic for a while, but let's leave it at that for now.