Author Topic: CSV Import Hoses OG 1.5 Installation  (Read 3390 times)

afrofur

• View Profile
    • Email
CSV Import Hoses OG 1.5 Installation
« on: August 03, 2009, 10:27:46 am »
I imported a 100 line csv flie created in excel into GO. No failures indicated. Clicked on CONTACTS tab to review the entries. Pop up box appeared alerting me session had TIMED OUT (odd, because I had only been on for 15 minutes or so). I closed window in Safari and opened a new one pointing to  OG log in page.

No log in page.

Instead, the "Complete The Installation" page appears asking me to enter details for setting up a new administration account. Of course, because there is an existing installation, OG does not allow me to create a new administration account so I can log in to see what is going on.

Now I'm locked out of my OG installation.

Assuming I wipe this installation and start over, is there a known bug associated with CSV imports on 1.5 that I need to be aware of?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 10:32:08 am by afrofur »
Web Host: PHP 5.2.5; MySQL 5.0.27; Apache 2.2.6; Linux.

Browsers: Mac OS X 10.5.7 - Safari 4.0.2; Firefox 3.0.6

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: CSV Import Hoses OG 1.5 Installation
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 12:10:04 pm »
Hi afrofur,

Do you have some way of browsing your database? Can you check on table 'og_companies' the value for column 'client_of_id' of all companies? It should be 0 for the owner company and 1 for the rest.

Thanks.

afrofur

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 02:26:08 pm »
Thanks for the response.

I had already reinstalled OG when I saw your reply. I subsequently duplicated the problem though.

With a fresh install, I again imported the same csv file and ended with the same result.

The value for column 'client_of_id' for the owner company is in fact 1, not 0, in my database. All the companies, which were successfully imported, are 1.

Instead of closing the window, this time I attempted to log back in using the time out pop up window. I have attached a screenshot of OG showing what happened after I attempted to log in. As happened earlier, I am now unable to access my OG installation (takes me to the "Complete the installation" window).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 02:31:11 pm by afrofur »

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 05:55:25 pm »
Ok, seems we found the problem. Were you importing a company with the same name as your owner company? If so we'll fix it for next release.

Thanks.

afrofur

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 06:21:30 pm »
Okay. The csv file included the owner company. I just thought it would update it with additional info as I was doing a dump from my address book anyway.

I went back into the database and changed the owner company id to "0" and I regained access to OG. Thanks. All fixed.

Well: almost all fixed. Guess the permissions became messed up and the admin access was lost from all accounts that had access. So one more re-instal ....
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 06:42:09 pm by afrofur »