Author Topic: 406 Error Blocks Instal  (Read 3942 times)

afrofur

• View Profile
    • Email
406 Error Blocks Instal
« on: July 30, 2009, 12:10:32 pm »
I've read the threads on 406 errors and want to know what my options are at this point.

I installed the software on my host sever Hostpapa and successfully set it up until I try to log in with the newly created admin account. At that point it throws a 406 error. I am then unable to access my website: wordpress, dotproject, joomla on the same domain. This occurs with both Safari and Firefox.

After clearing the browser cookies I am again able to access the site and the login page for Opengoo. When I attempt to log in again the 406 error occurs and the site is blocked again.

Is there a work around/fix for this problem?
Web Host: PHP 5.2.5; MySQL 5.0.27; Apache 2.2.6; Linux.

Browsers: Mac OS X 10.5.7 - Safari 4.0.2; Firefox 3.0.6

afrofur

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 406 Error Blocks Instal
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 11:05:43 am »
So I have some additional information. As a new user attempting to set this up as an alternative to dotproject it would be good to get some feedback.

Bottom line: I have gained access to my OpenGoo installation despite the 406 errors by manipulating the cookies.

When I clear the cookies set by my domain and visit the OpenGoo login before visiting any other location on my domain I have complete access. It is fully functional. I can then log out and visit any other area of my domain without a problem. I cannot go back to OpenGoo though. A 406 error occurs and the domain is blocked until I clear cookies again.

To access OpenGoo: clear all cookies. Go directly to OpenGoo log in. Full access to OpenGoo. Leave OpenGoo, full access to domain, but cannot return to OpenGoo without clearing cookies.

Just to be clear, OpenGoo is not accessible if I attempt to access after visiting any location on my domain first without clearing the cookies set.

Is this of any use to diagnosing what is going on?

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 01:52:09 pm »
I tested this on my system following your steps, and mine works fine.  If your server is running mod_security, you could try disable that to see if it works.  The fact that you tried it with a couple of different browsers suggests it might be on the server side, since most browsers will accept any data returned from your web server.
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

afrofur

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 04:54:41 pm »
I tested this on my system following your steps, and mine works fine.  If your server is running mod_security, you could try disable that to see if it works.  The fact that you tried it with a couple of different browsers suggests it might be on the server side, since most browsers will accept any data returned from your web server.

Yup, HostPapa responded to my ticket and reported modifying mod_security to fix the issue. It has now been resolved. Of course, I have no idea of what they modified, but c'est la vie. It looks like goodbye dotproject, hello OpenGoo ...

Rockyuk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 05:13:05 pm »
Hi afrofur,
I am getting the same problem you did with the Mod_security do you think you can find out what your web host done please so i can do it on my server please?

Thanks

Rockyuk