Author Topic: 1.5 final - unable to set perferences for default user  (Read 2805 times)

werner.wuerfel

• View Profile
1.5 final - unable to set perferences for default user
« on: July 30, 2009, 12:06:24 pm »
I'am unable to set start week on monday in the default user preferences [administration/configuration/default user preferences].

After select Yes an Save the preference will stay on No.

werner.wuerfel

• View Profile
Re: 1.5 final - unable to set perferences for default user
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 11:55:36 am »
It covers all options from the area "calender options"

There is no affect after changing something.

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 11:08:25 am »
Hi Werner,

It's working for me. Maybe it has already been fixed for next release, or maybe the users that you tested already had chosen a value for those user config options. Note that default user preferences only apply if you haven't chosen a value before. This could have happened if:

1) At the beginning you had "Show week numbers" disabled and "Start on monday" disabled.
2) You enabled both of them at some point and disabled them back.
3) Now you changed the default value for those options, but since you had already chosen a value for those options they stick with the values that you had chosen before.

If a user never changed the value before then changing the default value should affect the user.

Please try if it is working for new users (if new users' calendars start on monday)

Thanks.

werner.wuerfel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 03:39:57 pm »
Hi Ignacio,

for me it works not! At first I want only set the settings for all new user's in administration/configuration/default user preferences - nothing more. For this I used the main Admin-Account.

With this Account I'm not able to change the default user preferences. So it Works for not!

When I change the calender options for the Admin-Account then changes this also the calender options in the default user preferences - very nice...

But new user's after creating have not this calender options.

So I think it is a bug

Bye...
Werner Wuerfel