Author Topic: Bugtracker for Opengoo  (Read 4287 times)

carcam

• View Profile
    • Gnumla!
    • Email
Bugtracker for Opengoo
« on: July 30, 2009, 07:18:31 am »
First of all I want to show my gratitude to the developers because I think they are working really hard and they are building a great script.

The point is that I am becoming a relatively active member of the community and since the release of the 1.5 final version I have seen a lot of bugs in the forum. I do have posted some of them but I think that this method could make the developers get confused about all the issues they have to solve. So it could be a great point if you active a bug tracker to have a standard method for the bug notifications.

Just and idea, I reiterate my congratulations for your excellent work and gratitude for supporting open source. :)
Gnumla
Tu sitio de Joomla! en espaƱol

koko

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bugtracker for Opengoo
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 01:05:05 pm »
I want to subscribe in this idea!
A suggestion for a good, easy to use bugtracker might be: mantis

www.mantisbt.org

Candyman

• ICQ Messenger - 146707046
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 04:52:01 am »
add one, and i`m use http://trac.edgewall.org/
OG 1.5.2 / PHP5 / Apache2 / MySQL5 / FF3
progressbar + backup + html2doc

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 12:35:34 pm »
Unfortunately, relying solely on bug trackers prevents help and feedback from the community, as a larger portion of OG users are not technical and wouldn't know how to use a bug tracker. (This is from experience)
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

koko

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 04:07:49 pm »
Hi,

You indeed may have a point here ... Most of us might think a bugtracker isn't technical, but it is. I've also tried to use mantis with non-technical users, but it never got right.