Author Topic: Structure in the setup.  (Read 5074 times)

robertpetersen

• View Profile
    • Konweb.dk
Structure in the setup.
« on: December 23, 2008, 08:21:07 pm »
I just installed this very nice software, and I want to use as  soccer team manager tool, for approx 5 teams.
So I set it up as follow:
1.Company (Main adress of the club.)
2.Client Company(One for each team)
3.User (one for each team plus administrator)
4.Groups (Adminstrators, teamleaders, players)
When I then go to company and then choose client company] i have both users and contacts beneath? what is the difference between thoose?
Basicly i want to set up a match, and the invite ex. 28 players, the first 14 that answers is playing. Furthermore i would like to phonenumbers, adresses and emails for all players (This i have under contacts, but not the users?)
Please advice.
Best Regards, Robert

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Structure in the setup.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 09:53:22 am »
Users are OpenGoo users and Contacts are personal data you keep for people in general. You can associate a User to a Contact from the User's view. Personal data like phone numbers and addresses can be kept in the contact data.

One way to invite users to a match would be to create a Note in OpenGoo and under Email notifications select all users you want to invite. This will send a notification email to each of those users with the note's text and a link to the note. Those users will also be notified of comments put in that note.

Another option is to setup an email account in the (BETA) email module and send email from there, but you will have to manually enter each user's email address. Soon you will be able to autocomplete email addresses by entering a few characters of the contact's name or email, but this is not available for the moment.

Another option could be to use the Mass Mailer tool in Administration, that lets you send an email to many users at once coming from your email address, though this email won't be kept in OpenGoo.

robertpetersen

• View Profile
    • Konweb.dk
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 10:47:03 am »
Okay. I'm getting there.
So I will associate the user to a contact so I can have the personal information.
I will NOT make "regular contacts"
Then I will make a "event" and invite the "company client" (same as a team) where i have associatet the approx. 30 users (This is for 1 team) and again, the first 14 that replies and say "yes i attend" will be playing.
One note. I am able to import "contacts", but that is not possible for "users"?

Otherwise this is the system i have been waiting for. I have using webcalendar
http://www.k5n.us/webcalendar.php but there i miss the filesharing system. and also the note stuff.
Only thing I need new is to set a maximum of attends to the event, and a Vote system. But very nice program, and easy to install...
Best Regards, Robert

robertpetersen

• View Profile
    • Konweb.dk
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 11:42:29 am »
Oh.. just noticed.
When i make a new user, and associate with a contact, then I thought that I could let the user update there profile themselves? But when I try, there is no access to this? well it is not allowed? Where can I allow user to updater there own phone numbers and addresses etc.?
Best Regards, Robert

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 11:37:58 am »
Hi, in order for users to be able to edit contact details they need to have the "Can Manage Contacts" permission set. You can set this at the user's account view. This will allow them to edit and view all contacts.

EDIT: For a future version we'll allow users to edit their own contact information.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 03:47:51 pm by ignacio »