Author Topic: Some hints on fengoffice 3.x install,upgrade and display issues  (Read 2505 times)

sim

• Freshman
    • View Profile
As i just managed to ship around some obstacles while upgrading fo 1.7.5 to 3.4 i´d like to note some hints.
0. Don´t forget to backup DB an backup Files

Up to 1.7.5 fo was running smoth on shared hosted servers.
Since 2 and definitely with 3 on your own server you will need a dedicated machine to have fun with.
#1  Check Server Requirements
Note that you will have to reload your webserver several times and check all kind of options if you run on errors.

Upgrading from 1 to 3 can be tricky so  RTFM and
#2 Install clean versions with clean dbs of fo, so you know everything is running fine.

While upgrading the db, if you got errors on missing or unkown tables:
#3 Export those tables from a clean version an import them to your migration db. Start again.

After installation you might experience blank screens.
#4 go back to 1. check php Version, check if the right version us actually used.

After changing some options (dimension selection tags) you get nothing but the header and a blank screen until you reload your webserver (see point #1)
After changing the task view option from date to date and the selection will only be displayed AFTER RELOADING your apache server (see #1)
AND NO tasks or only few are displayed unless you restart/reload your webserver:
#5 Disable Caching (in my case APC) in PHP

These are only hints/notes, and you will have to ask google for some more information on webserver administration if you run on errors while installing or upgrading fo.
Perhaps you have some more learnings, why not add them here.

Best wishes and a peacefull new year,
sim

natalia.martinez

• Administrator
  • Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: Some hints on fengoffice 3.x install,upgrade and display issues
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 01:03:57 pm »
Hi Sim!

Many thanks for your contribution  :)

Happy new year!