Author Topic: Billing  (Read 33933 times)

gylf

• View Profile
Billing
« on: October 07, 2008, 06:26:31 pm »
For your next addition to the "Goo" I would request looking at some billing programs out there to integrate.  I highly recommend keeping it simple; not an application with too many features (like inventory tracking, vendors, etc), just something basic which would allow tracked time to be converted to invoices.

One great solution out there is http://www.bambooinvoice.org/
It is GPL and simply does billing (and does it very well).  I have not looked at the DB structure but on the surface it looks similar in principle to OpenGoo.

Just an idea for post v1.0... I think it would make an excellent addition to the Goo! 

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Re: Billing
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 08:55:15 am »
Indeed it would!

Thanks!

PS: I'm moving this topic to the Applications board.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

savagephp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 12:12:31 am »
Any chance this could get incorporated soon? I've been unhappy with every commercial and open source time keeping application I've looked at so I had to make my own. But to have it incorporated into a collaboration system like opengoo would make it that much better. If a timekeeping/billing/invoicing application were to be included in opengoo, that would make it everything I (and I'm sure others) would need. This is the only thing missing for me.

Great job guys!

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 09:19:11 am »
Unfortunately, as much as I would like to see this addition too, I do not see this happening soon (at least not with the current pace of community growth).

Over the next months I feel we should focus on improving the usability and robustness of what we already have, before adding new applications.

This is not to say that if someone comes with the addition we wouldn't happily goo-it in. There should already be some simple GPL billing apps that could be re-used to achieve this without starting from scratch.

Another possibility is finding someone interested in sponsoring this, so that we can add more coders to the team.

Ideas?
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

savagephp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 11:46:59 pm »
How much of a sponsorship would you need to make this happen?

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 09:34:23 am »
Hum. That would depend on the specific requirements. Billing systems could easily become very complex.

Do you have a set of specs already?

Capitan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 06:16:41 pm »
I'm also using bamboo invoices alongside opengoo.  It would be great if they could, at the least, exchange contact information with each other.

Very interested in the future of this

jesuspresley

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 02:13:14 pm »
I would be interested in an invoicing module, too.
Can donate 40 $ if that helps.
Also, I hereby offer my help to translate it.

soj

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 06:52:50 am »
Me too!

Pls pls pls!!!!  ;D

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 07:48:48 am »
There is a billing module already!  :D

Capitan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 12:45:59 pm »
yes. but something to create invoices is what we need:)

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 08:23:56 pm »
Oh, that's right. Well, the main problem with invoicing is that it is affected by country laws.

Capitan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 08:26:07 pm »
as far as taxes, you mean?

If you could just generate a module that can create/print invoices without tax support, that would still be close to where it should be.  Some people provide services, like medical or legal, that do not really have the tax or vat included.

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 12:23:56 pm »
Yes, but not only taxes. I believe invoice numbering and paper size is also conditioned by law sometimes.

Capitan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 05:12:28 pm »
I see.  I don't think that bamboo deals with any of that, so I think you could easily add the same functionality to ogoo so we, who love ogoo, can ditch bamboo:)