Author Topic: Unique URL for every document  (Read 7823 times)

justforkicks

• View Profile
    • Email
Unique URL for every document
« on: September 29, 2008, 04:33:41 am »
I feel that a functionality to address every document (or spreadsheet or presentation) by an unique URL could be really useful. That way, I can email links to any file or even embed that inside my blog. Zoho has this feature as well. So it is similar to a YouTube video that has a unique URL.

What say?

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Re: Unique URL for every document
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 09:28:21 am »
Coming soon.

;)
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

justforkicks

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 03:35:21 am »
Check out DAVClient (A Javascript based implementation of WebDAV). We can use this to provide a WebDAV interface to OpenGoo documents.
Link: http://johnnydebris.net/projects/davclient.js/doc/README.html

Hope this helps.
---
JFK

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 10:50:48 am »
Currently, OpenGoo has a unique URL for files. The format is:

http://<opengoo_root_url>/index.php?c=files&a=file_details&id=<file_id>

It isn't easy (or even possible) to figure out what the id of a file is, but if you happen to know it... ;)

We are working on OpenGoo's navigability, and among the things we want to implement is that the browser's address bar reflects where you are inside OpenGoo, like in Gmail, that when you go to the inbox it appends #inbox to the URL, and when you open an email it appends a slash and the email's id. Having this would allow the user to copy the URL from the address bar and share it, bookmark it, etc, and would also allow to navigate OpenGoo with the browser's back and forward buttons.