Author Topic: Email data kept in database  (Read 2157 times)

pr0d1gy

• View Profile
Email data kept in database
« on: June 03, 2015, 10:02:40 am »
Hello FengOffice team,

first, great job on the project so far, been a user of it for a couple years now (Community edition - sorry :) ).

My fengoffice is getting big in terms of database size and after inspecting it with phpmyadmin, I noticed that
fo_mail_datas 92.3 MiB
fo_searchable_objects 43.6 MiB

Are by far the biggest tables... Even closer inspection shows that even though you remove email...
First into trash can, then empty trash can, email data seems to stay in the database and pile up endlessly.

Is this a known bug? Or am I doing something wrong?
Should I make some sort of cleaning script and wipe data from those two tables (for emails that dont exist anymore) - is that safe to do, can you tell me what to look out for?

Thank you

steveg

• View Profile
Re: Email data kept in database
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 11:34:55 am »
Hello FengOffice team,

first, great job on the project so far, been a user of it for a couple years now (Community edition - sorry :) ).

My fengoffice is getting big in terms of database size and after inspecting it with phpmyadmin, I noticed that
fo_mail_datas 92.3 MiB
fo_searchable_objects 43.6 MiB

Are by far the biggest tables... Even closer inspection shows that even though you remove email...
First into trash can, then empty trash can, email data seems to stay in the database and pile up endlessly.

Is this a known bug? Or am I doing something wrong?
Should I make some sort of cleaning script and wipe data from those two tables (for emails that dont exist anymore) - is that safe to do, can you tell me what to look out for?

Thank you

I agree it may be nice to have email data also be purged as we keep all email backed on a backup email server, although it is a minor concern on our par.

The sizes you mention are really not that big....  Is the size of the database becoming an issue in some way?

My overall FO database is 7.46GB and it runs quickly.  The mail db is close to 1GB.