Author Topic: Slow operations  (Read 8291 times)

vhinzsanchez

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Slow operations
« on: March 25, 2015, 05:37:09 am »
Hi,

I would like to ask if there are some of you who are experiencing some slow server response when opening a Workspace?  I have 5 instances of Feng Office (1.7.5)...about 1 or 2 instances are loading pretty slow (about 10-25 secs) considering these are all inside the network.  The database files are not that big...just about 12 MB and the other one is 15MB.

Has it got something to do with simultaneous connection to the project/instance?

Thanks and regards,

Vhinz

steveg

• View Profile
Re: Slow operations
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 10:20:11 am »
This is almost certainly your server or database...  we run Feng 3.x and our db is currently 8GB and it is very quick to respond.  We run with 8GB of RAM (although you really don't need this much for FO operations - this helps when we mysqldump our db for backups, though), SSD drives, and with some caching optimization.

MiKonst

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 12:28:49 pm »
This is almost certainly your server or database...  we run Feng 3.x and our db is currently 8GB and it is very quick to respond.  We run with 8GB of RAM (although you really don't need this much for FO operations - this helps when we mysqldump our db for backups, though), SSD drives, and with some caching optimization.

steveg, hallo
it would be very interesting to track this issue. How to optimize the server to get the fast processing. Thanks for advice

steveg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 02:42:36 pm »
steveg, hallo
it would be very interesting to track this issue. How to optimize the server to get the fast processing. Thanks for advice

Put as much mysql into memory - we use opcache to cache all php scripts too.  Make sure background processing is on in your config.

Have you tried upgrading to see if that solves the issues?  I have no working  knowledge of FO 1.x.

vhinzsanchez

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 12:16:53 am »

The database is MySQL on the localhost, same with the other instances of Feng Office, however, just this 2 instance/project are crawling with the 12mb (size of DB) slower than the 15mb.

Newly created instances (for testing) have no problem (the no. of instances are now 7 from 5 previously) as well as the other ones.

BTW, instances, just to be clear are project sites.  I may have called it differently than what you are accustomed to.
h t t p ://localhost/instance1
h t t p ://localhost/instance2
h t t p ://localhost/instance3
h t t p ://localhost/instance4
h t t p ://localhost/instance5
h t t p ://localhost/instance6
h t t p ://localhost/instance7

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 10:59:32 am »
Have you looked into our Wiki? There is an article exclusively for server tuning.

Other than that, I strongly suggest going for the 3.X version as its performance is much more superior than the 1.X or 2.X

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

vhinzsanchez

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 07:29:24 am »
Sorry for the very late response. 

Thanks Francisco, I will look into it.