Author Topic: Unable to Assign Tasks  (Read 5222 times)

caraticus

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Unable to Assign Tasks
« on: January 05, 2015, 04:12:13 pm »
Like the new look, but I can no longer assign tasks to users (including myself).  In the new task the "assign to:" label is present, but the dropdown is gone.  Also, getting a "Cannot read property '0' of undefined" which I can only guess is related.  I upgraded from 2.7 by overwriting my files and using the \upgrade folder.  I did not make any DB changes as there were no upgrade instructions in the readme file nor the wiki that pertained specifically to upgrading from 2.x to 3.x (only for going from 2.x to 2.x)

steveg

• View Profile
Re: Unable to Assign Tasks
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 10:37:35 am »
Upgrade from 2.7 - 3.x is the same as 2.x - 2.x. Just follow the instructions.  Did you run the upgrade script and delete the autoloader file?

caraticus

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 01:01:26 pm »
I did use the upgrade script and it executed successfully.  I did not remove the autoloader file until this morning.  Everything seems to be working as it should except for the "assign to" feature.

caraticus

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 01:46:03 pm »
I upgraded a test install I had from 2.7 to 3.01 and it worked fine.  I'm not sure how our production version got messed up, but we may just archive it and start fresh in 2015.

William "Bill" Murray

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 01:19:05 pm »
Good morning,

I am also troubleshooting this issue.  I've got debug turned on and nothing in the logs.  If I see anything, I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks,
William

William "Bill" Murray

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 02:33:25 pm »
After performing backups:

1: Replaced web files with new download.  Problem persisted.
2: No events logged in log file.
3: Went back to version 2.7.1.6.  Assign task to user works.
4: Attempted upgrade to 3.06.  Failed with error relating to the default setting of the tab_panels table for columns enabled and plugin_id not having default value.
5: Added default value of 0 to above columns.  Upgrade completed to 3.06.
6: Verified issue persisted.

New symptoms identified:
1: It appears in the root workspace users can add a task and assign it to a user.
2: When editing the task and attempting to change the workspace, the "Assign to" field becomes gray.  After saving and re-opening the task, the field drop down is gone.
3: Verified user has permissions to the workspace attempting to assign tasks in.
4: Possible workspace permissions propagation issue?

Still researching.  Will add more information as I come across it.

UPDATES: Added screenshot of permission options missing.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 02:53:25 pm by William "Bill" Murray »

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 02:58:56 pm »
Hi everyone!

This is rather odd. It looks like it could be a permissions issue though.
Is it still happening? Have you installed the latest version available?

Have you looked this article?
http://www.fengoffice.com/web/wiki/doku.php/installation:server_settings#performance_boostsaving_permissions_in_background

Have you tried changing the permissions once again AFTER reading and doing what the aforementioned article says and after upgrading to the latest version available?

If it still does not work, I would suggest rebuilding the permissions table, but it may happen again in the future in case you do not solve it correctly: php FENG_ROOT/rebuild_sharing_table.php

In case none of the above works and you consider getting Official Support, feel free to drop us an email at contact@fengoffice.com

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

William "Bill" Murray

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 12:00:39 pm »
Good morning,

Starting your instructions while on version 3.1. 

I've ensured exec is not disabled in the PHP settings.  I've rebuilt the permissions tables and have re-applied permissions.  I've also created a new user, assigned permissions to that user and verified the new user sees the same issues.

Downloaded and upgraded to version 3.1.2.2.

The assign to field in the task popup now shows a field, but no users are available in the drop down.  Check the granular permissions for users and workspaces, the templates option still has read/write and read/write/delete options missing (see attached).  Followed instructions again.  Logged back in and users now appear in drop down.  Verified task can be created.

End result: "Assign to" drop down menu re-appears and task can be assigned.  Permissions are still missing options form Workspace and User permissions interfaces.

Thanks for this information!

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 03:57:26 pm »
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the confirmation! :)

Happy to know it was solved! As for the missing permissions (radio buttons) for that user.. may I ask which role does it have?

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

William "Bill" Murray

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 04:07:43 pm »
Hi Francisco,

It is a Super Administrator.

Thanks,
Bill

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 05:11:18 pm »
Thanks Bill, already shared this info with my colleagues.

Hmm something else I forgot to ask, are you able to manage templates? Meaning, creating, editing and applying them?

Best,
Francisco

William "Bill" Murray

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 05:50:13 pm »
Francisco,

We don't really use templates.  We had created one as a test but it never caught on.  We ended up removing the one template created.

Thanks,
Bill

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 06:18:11 pm »
Ahh ok, got it!

By the way, templates can be very useful to replicate processes, procedures or protocols.
You just set up the tasks once, and then when applying the template, you just need to input who are the responsible people for that process (the start of a project for instance) and when is the start or due date for it... and voilá!

Best regards,
Francisco