Author Topic: Linking Documents to Tasks in Community Edition  (Read 11776 times)

steveg

• View Profile
Re: Linking Documents to Tasks in Community Edition
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2015, 02:10:49 pm »
Up!

If this contineus to be a problem - I believe you have permissions issues, as this function does work in 3.1.3.  Is your server spewing any errors when you try to do this?

gonggo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2015, 10:35:57 pm »
If this contineus to be a problem - I believe you have permissions issues, as this function does work in 3.1.3.  Is your server spewing any errors when you try to do this?

Can you please elaborate? I've checked my permission, and as admin all are checked, but the issue remains (I've also updated to 3.1.3 from 3.1.2)

steveg

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2015, 10:27:10 am »

Can you please elaborate? I've checked my permission, and as admin all are checked, but the issue remains (I've also updated to 3.1.3 from 3.1.2)

Do they have permissions to view documents?  Go into their user profile, and ensure they can view the document tab.

Vadym_L

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2015, 03:02:45 pm »
The same problem. I have tried to change everywhere, but nothing helped. The windows like upper with only three category.

steveg

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2015, 11:20:22 am »
The same problem. I have tried to change everywhere, but nothing helped. The windows like upper with only three category.
Have you tried rebooting your server, or at the very least, apache and mysql, just in case there is some crazy caching issue?

Vadym_L

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2015, 06:51:07 pm »
Yes I have tried many times. And update the FO, but nothing helps.

steveg

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2015, 08:34:50 pm »

Have you tried re-installing fresh - is it the same issue?  If so, then it's a server issue.  If not, then load a backup into the new installaltion and that should solve things.

Vadym_L

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2015, 04:29:24 pm »

Have you tried re-installing fresh - is it the same issue?  If so, then it's a server issue.  If not, then load a backup into the new installaltion and that should solve things.

Yes I have. But it's the same problem. Now I want to try in another sytem, but I think that it's not only my problem.

yourm8

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2015, 06:35:42 am »

Same problems here.

Already treid the following:

-> Installed Fresh FO 3.1.2.2 on local Xampp (usually works fine) - Same problem
-> Installed Fresh FO 3.1.3 on local Xampp - Same problem
-> Installed Fresh FO 3.1.3 on Live-Webspace under Apache-Server - Same Problem
-> Installed Fresh FO 3.1.3 on Live-Webspace under Nginx-Server - Same Problem
-> Updated our FO from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 - Same problem

Dont know where the problem is located.
But apparently it has nothing to do with the configuration.

Cookies and / or web browser can I exclude.
Have tried with FF (latest), IE (latest), Chrome and Safari in the latest version - Tried on diffrent devices - always the same problem

Would be thankful for a solution.

aRaGoRn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2015, 09:14:32 am »
Hi,
I've the same problem. My configuration is:
AS: Apache
version Fengoffice: 3.1.3.

Thank you

aRaGoRn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2015, 04:20:55 pm »
Up

marsian

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2015, 06:30:09 pm »
FYI: the Forums are not continously monitored by the FengOffice team, so if you have an urgent issue you should either file a ticket in Mantis or contact the Support via email/webform to get this speeded up :)

aRaGoRn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2015, 06:45:36 am »
Thank you Marsian

Curtisf

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2015, 12:49:54 pm »
I thought I would throw my hat in saying I'm having the same problem running 3.1.3 on Amazon AWS servers. 

HOWEVER, I'm running two installations, and it is working correctly on one, and not on the other.  The one that it is working correctly on was an upgrade, the one that it is not working correctly on is a new installation.   And I'm only getting "Milestone" and "Comment" as options.

When we upload a file from the link objects window, the upload works, the file ends up in the documents module, but the upload does not get linked to the task.

Thanks in advance!

Curtisf

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2015, 11:56:23 pm »
I don't know if anyone else is working on this. I've spent the last couple hours playing trying to figure out, and I think I've narrowed it down to some setting in the MySQL database ... Here's why:

When I installed a new version of 3.1.3 it wouldn't allow linking.
I installed 2.7 and upgraded to 3.1.3 and then imported the old database, and it still wouldn't work.

I went back and installed 2.5.1, upgraded to 3.0 and then upgraded to 3.1.3 and the linking documents was working, but as soon as restored the database from before playing, it went back to not working.

My next step is to try to go through table by table on the MySQL database and see what is different from the one that was working and the one that is not working to see if I can find a difference that might be causing the problem.

Has anyone else made any progress yet?

Thank you!