Author Topic: Error 500: Internal Server Error when updating users  (Read 4228 times)

rene1

• View Profile
Error 500: Internal Server Error when updating users
« on: March 21, 2015, 05:16:22 pm »
Hello,
I have installed Feng Office Community Edition on my Windows VPS Server hosted by Strato.

It works pretty good, but when updating a user profile I'm getting a "Error 500: Internal Server Error ".

Anyone having any idea?

Thank you very much!

regards

René!

sriharign

• View Profile
Re: Error 500: Internal Server Error when updating users
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 03:31:22 pm »
Hello There,

I am experiencing the same issue when I try to update the user with new permission/email address etc.,

Can you please let us know what the issue/resolution is?

Thanks.

tomas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 04:21:24 pm »
Hello All, 

I am writing to report a similar problem when updating the user's status to "Super Administrator."

Error message output: Error 500: Internal Server Error

Feng Office Community version 3.1.2.2
GNU/Linux Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS Trusty
Linux Kernel: 3.13.0-48-generic x86_64
PHP Version 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.7
MySQL Version 14.14 Distrib 5.5.41, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64)

Apache2 error message: PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in /var/www/feng/plugins/core_dimensions/hooks/core_dimensions_hooks.php on line 373

Line 373 Code: $member->setParentMemberId($pmember->getId());

I'm not sure what's going on as this is a fresh installation. Thank you in advance for your feedback.

- Tomas

caudio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 09:05:26 pm »
Yes. im having exactly the same error on my logs.  Additionally when I tried to upload a photo to an user im getting:

Session "default" started at 2015-04-07T23:51:41+0000
#1 ERROR: Error: Undefined variable: image in '/xxxxx/xxxxx/xxx_xx/xxxxxx/xxxx/xxxxx/application/views/contact/card.php' on line 22 (error code: 8)
Time since start: 0.81134295463562 seconds

bramwell

• View Profile
    • office clearance
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 01:08:26 am »
Error 500 usually happen when administrator tries to load files at websites.

Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 09:26:11 am »
I'm dealing with the same issue since days. No matter what changes I make and what type of user I edit, it won't save the changes and reports the Error "500" (Internal Error). It's acutally a major problem and a big deal. I won't use FengOffice under those circumstances, because it would mean that I can't make any changes of personal information or permissions after a user is created.

Here is a solution I found, but it doesn't work for me. Maybe some of you guys try it out and could report if it worked.

---Can't insert links. So just look for "Topic: Can't change user permissions" in this forum. It will lead you to a github-link and tells you to make changes in permission.php - file.

I use FengOffice 3.1.2.2 and run it on a Synology Diskstation. It works great, I had no problems with installing and it works fine in general. But this is an important issue and I can't believe it's not fixed yet. The error "500" even occurs in the fengoffice demo version of softaculous.

Please try the solution above and report your results. I have the feeling, that I do something wrong and I may not understood the solution fully  :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 09:28:18 am by Dan »

Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 11:20:33 am »
Hey!

Actually the problem is already solved within this forum. See "Topic: Bug version 3.1 and 3.1.1 Can`t change user data" for more details. It appears to be a problem on line 373 of /plugins/core_dimensions/hooks/core_dimensions_hooks.php.

User Jacob suggests to replace a blog in this file with another (see his post).

This solution worked out fine for me. So far I have no negative sight effects.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 11:39:12 am »
This issue was happening depending on the server settings, but if anyone is still experiencing, please upgrade to the latest version available of Feng Office and it should be ok.

Best,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!