Author Topic: Question: Transfer of E-Mails IMPORTANT  (Read 2541 times)

Ericmuc

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Question: Transfer of E-Mails IMPORTANT
« on: January 16, 2015, 01:38:31 pm »
Hi,

I cannot update my old 2.5.1.4 Version of Feng-Office to the new Fengoffice versions, since 1 year I am working with the old version because of this error. I tried many to overcome this problem, but without effort.

Now I installed the latest 3.0.2 and transfer the data from the old version. Much work, but it works, but not with e-mails I sent with the old version, they are on fengoffice. I could try to make a sync so that they are in the imap e-mail account, but I cannot transfer them into the send folder of the new fengoffice installation. This is important for me, I need the send e-mails also in the new system.

So please can you tell me, how I get the old send e-mails into the send folder of my e-mail account in the new system 3.0.2?

Thanks!

Best regards
Eric
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 01:40:17 pm by Ericmuc »

Ericmuc

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: Question: Transfer of E-Mails IMPORTANT
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 05:53:29 pm »
Hello,

I had success with following procedure:

1) create a new imap folder sentxyz
2) set sent-sync folder in the old version of feng office to this new folder
3) make a sync
4) all sent e-mails are exported to the new imap folder
5) set sent-sync folder of the new version of feng office to this folder
6) check e-mails in the e-mail tab  (alter before that amount of checked e-mails to 300 in the admin panel)
7) all sent e-mails are imported
8) make 6) so often until all e-mails are imported

Eric

Ericmuc

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 06:02:38 pm »
Question to franponce87

I realized, that with sync and check mails an export out of feng office / import into feng office of e-mails is working (see above).

UNFORTUNATELY: E-Mails, which I wrote with Thunderbird or iPhone are not imported into feng office.

I checked this and see that the e-mail header format of Thunderbird and iPhone e-mails are not the same as the header format of e-mails of feng office and may be that the reason.

How can I changed the e-mails of iPhone and Thunderbird, that they are imported into feng office? Or what can I do, that I have all sent e-mails in feng office?

Thanks
Eric

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 10:59:39 am »
Hi Eric,

Too be honest, I am not entirely sure how to solve this, specially since it depends a lot on the mail server. For instance, when dealing with GMAIL and most email providers, and when using IMAP, sent emails are correctly classified both in the mail server and Feng Office.

May be our Technical Team would be of better assistance, but for something so specific you should get some Support Plan first. Should you be interested in this, please drop me a private message (in case I am not able to read a reply in the Forum that fast).

Best regards,
Francisco

Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!