Author Topic: Permission problem  (Read 3516 times)

soj

• View Profile
Permission problem
« on: June 18, 2009, 09:21:06 am »
I have workspace 1, and I make my contacts

Then I make workspace 2, and assign user 1 to workspace 2.

I restrict the permission of user 1 so that he doesn't have any system permissions. He has all workspace permission for workspace 2, except for contacts. He shouldn't be able to do anything about contacts.

Despite above, problems:

1. User 1 can view all my contacts when he contacts "All" folder. I would like all my contacts to be hidden (or selectively)

2. User 1 can delete my contacts! He can't add new contacts (due to permission restriction) but he can delete existing ones. How strange!

Is there a solution for these problems?

Thanks!

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Permission problem
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 03:35:35 pm »
There is a per-user permission called 'Can manage contacts' which gives the user access to all contacts. Check if disabling this helps you.

soj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 06:49:05 am »
Hi Ignacio,

I think I've figured this out, sorry for troubling you.  ;D

Thank you!

gman

• View Profile
Re: Permission problem - Temporary fix found
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 03:55:15 pm »
There is still a permissions problem that exists in 1.5, but it exists in subscribers.

Here is my situation. I have two project workspaces that are to be accessed by users. Users 1 and 2 have read access to workspace 1 and users 1 and 3 have read access to workspace 2. The users should be anonymous to each other, so user 1 should not know about or see user 2 in workspace 1 and user 2 should not know about or see user 1. Same for workspace 2, user 1 should not know about or see user 3 and user 3 should not know about or see user 1. This anonymity works for what I am doing except for subscribers under the object's properties. Regardless of the rights given to a user, the user can see all users in the workspace and manage subscriptions to an object.

So he question, how do you remove subscriber properties for an object in the properties box? Since this doesn't seem to work correctly, I want to completely remove the subscribers option from the properties box.

I add an object to workspace 1, let's say a note.

==============

I have found a temporary fix, not the most elegant but it works. If anyone is interested in the fix I will post what I did.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 08:54:00 pm by gman »

alvarotm01

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 12:42:28 pm »
Hi,

this will be fixed in next release,
if user has no write permissions over the object, he will not be able to modify subscribers.

gman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 04:32:46 pm »
Great to hear this will be addressed. Makes OpenGoo that much better.