Author Topic: Email updates for Notes  (Read 5651 times)

bendraper1

• View Profile
Email updates for Notes
« on: February 24, 2015, 07:47:37 am »
Is there any way (and if not, can we have a feature request for):
the ability to make all users automatically subscribed to all new notes / documents; and
the ability to reply to notifications of a note (or document) by email and have fengoffice automatically add this email reply as a reply to the note.

I've looked at the advanced email module and this doesn't appear to have the functionality. I've seen this implemented on glasscubes, and also freedcamp (I assume basecamp as well).

The logging of replies should be fairly simple to achieve - just have a unique code attached to the email subject line or somewhere else on the email and then have a default system account email address to pass these into the database. E.G the email address that sends updates is "questions@domain" and any replies to "questions@domain" are passed into the notes update.

This could be done through settings or a placeholder user.

If I've missed this functionality then please let me know!

bendraper1

• View Profile
Re: Email updates for Notes
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 02:21:58 pm »
I've just found this topic http://forum.fengoffice.com/index.php?topic=4888.0 in the community contributions section so it looks that it's possible. Unfortunately the attachments are no longer there and it was based on version 1 of opengoo, so it would be a little behind the times!