Author Topic: Date for tasks  (Read 2288 times)

MiKonst

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Date for tasks
« on: February 16, 2015, 12:10:32 pm »
On change of date for tasks will be a day back: I set the task to 17.2 but is saved 02.16.
What happened?
I have a feeling that the changes are made specifically to limit the functionality of the free program and the people who use these simple push off! Each update has more errors than was corrected!
Someone ought to write an answer as to what is going on there. All functions were yet without errors?

Many Thanks.

steveg

• View Profile
Re: Date for tasks
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 12:59:55 pm »
On change of date for tasks will be a day back: I set the task to 17.2 but is saved 02.16.
What happened?
I have a feeling that the changes are made specifically to limit the functionality of the free program and the people who use these simple push off! Each update has more errors than was corrected!
Someone ought to write an answer as to what is going on there. All functions were yet without errors?

Many Thanks.
Hi - this does appear to be a long standing issue - it has improved somewhat but still happens.  I *think* it has something to do with how FO calculates the time - I think it logs tasks as GMT, but then displays them in your timezone, so depending on how far your timezone is from GMT and the time of day, the task will appear backwards (and I presume forwards too, but I have never seen this, but I'm GMT -5)

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Date for tasks
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 03:26:33 pm »
Steve is right. It is because of how are the tasks and timezones managed, which is not as easy is it may sound, and in no case having problems here is funny to us and neither do we do it on purpose of course.

We are still investigating this matter, but without having feedback as to in which timezones is it happening, if they went through a daylight saving time change, how were tasks supposed to be saved and so on, lets say it is quite hard to blind guess.

If you could share this info with us, it would be much appreciated, but please note that the current latest version: 3.1.2.2 has lots of changes here. Hopefully it solves some of the ones you experienced?

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!