Author Topic: Sort tasks  (Read 2920 times)

MiKonst

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Sort tasks
« on: February 16, 2015, 10:16:18 am »
After Update 3:07 sorting tasks in priority or date is in reverse order. What happened? How can I change this?

Some functions are repaired or improved and others are made useless. Why?

Thanks for the help! (with no hope of a response)

steveg

• View Profile
Re: Sort tasks
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 01:04:33 pm »
After Update 3:07 sorting tasks in priority or date is in reverse order. What happened? How can I change this?
When I sort by date - it is in the typical order.  By priority - it's a little wonky for me, but we don't use priority, so I couldn't tell you if it is normal or not...

Some functions are repaired or improved and others are made useless. Why?
Can you be more specific?  This statement will not help the development team in any way....

Thanks for the help! (with no hope of a response)
So little faith!  :)

MiKonst

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 10:41:46 pm »
hello Steveg

where to get the trust?

in version 3.06 all functions were normal:
- For tasks: highest priority was up. Version 3.07- suddenly the lowest priority is size up for.
- When I edit the properties of the task and make due_date at 02.16 was 02.16 saved. in Version 3.07 is suddenly saved 02.15.
- If he was a mail comb marked as unclassified. Version 3.07- suddenly marks all incoming mails with a classification

There are three things that really annoy. People trust new version and sets the time to renew everything. At the End a good desire to throw everything away.

steveg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 10:03:20 am »
hello Steveg

where to get the trust?

in version 3.06 all functions were normal:
- For tasks: highest priority was up. Version 3.07- suddenly the lowest priority is size up for.
- When I edit the properties of the task and make due_date at 02.16 was 02.16 saved. in Version 3.07 is suddenly saved 02.15.
- If he was a mail comb marked as unclassified. Version 3.07- suddenly marks all incoming mails with a classification

There are three things that really annoy. People trust new version and sets the time to renew everything. At the End a good desire to throw everything away.
I love FO, and it works for me.  I also pay nothing for it, so I don't mind a few bumps along the way.  I spend a few minutes each day helping others and reporting bugs to the development team as my "payment" for the software.  It does seem that FO has a large paid user base, so the issues you are reporting above, will very likely be fixed in a 3.0.7.1 bugfix release pretty quickly (that is, if the past dictates the future).

My suggestion to you would be to avoid upgrading for at least 2-3 weeks after the new version has been released, just in case there is a quick bugfix release sent out. 

I personally upgrade usually within the hour of a new beta, RC or version so that we can fully test it with out 30+ users.

I know that in 3.0.7 there was a lot of time spent on improving task loading, and the ascending/descending is just a minor coding issue that I'm sure can be solved - in fact, you could probably find the ordering in the code yourself and then post the error in the forums or on mantis, and the development team would be able to fix it that much faster.

Best of luck with FO.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 04:50:57 pm »
@Steve,
As usual, thank you very much for your kind words!! The time you spend in the Forums replying to other users and reporting issues does not go unnoticed, and we really appreciate it. :)

@MiKonst,
I am sorry that FO somehwhat frustrated you. Just as I was mentioning you in a previous post, bugs or issues are not added on purpose. And just as Steve said, RC and Betas are prone to have bugs (even though we DO NOT want them to), so may be in your case it would be best to wait a bit before implementing a new version of the system.
Otherwise, another thing I would also suggest you, is to consider getting at least a Basic Support Plan, specially if the system is critical to your day to day business.
This way you would get a response pretty much right away, and a solution too.

As for this problem in particular, I am aware that the latest version of FO has a fix for this (and for many other things too).

Best,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!