Author Topic: FO 3.x feedback & suggestions  (Read 3721 times)

marsian

• Freshman
    • View Profile
FO 3.x feedback & suggestions
« on: January 10, 2015, 11:49:38 am »
Hi,

first of all FengOffice is a great tool and I like how it's evolving from the early OpenGoo days to what it is today! :)

We're running the Community Version of it and after upgrading to 3.x (we came from 2.7.1.6) we noticed a couple of things:
  • Workspaces; after the upgrade all of our existing Workspaces where still there, but not available for administration under Settings -> Workspaces. We tried adding new ones with the hope of having the Software reload all of the available ones, but no luck yet. So the only option to manage migrated workspaces is so far from the navigation panel on the left side
  • Moving objects across workspaces; I thought that in earlier versions it was possible to to mass-select objects (Tasks/Notes/Weblinks etc.) and move them with a global function from the top pane to another Workspace, but so far I can only move them to the Trash  :-\ It would be great to have this as a feature for a future release!
  • Colored boxes in Tasks, Weblinks etc. overview; with the current release the colored background of the Workspace and Tags field per object line is a) not with rounded edges but with rectangular ones (which is different to for example the colored boxes in the activity stream on the start page) and b) they do not have any spacings between them so it makes them sometimes hard to read if you have the Workspace and a couple of tags assigned. It would be great if for a future release you could maybe unify the overal design and layout of those attributes per object as it is within the activy stream? (Tested with IE11)
  • Login window; when you're in a certain view (e.g. Tasks) and switch to another view (e.g. Links) while in the Background the logout timer has expired, the new page + its content will load for a few seconds anyhow before it will come up with the relogin popup. Probably that could be reworked so in case of an expired logout the switch to a new view is not possible at all?
On the features side, I'd love to see an online MindMap plugin integrated in a future Version, which would really enhance collaboration. Maybe you could implement one of the existing plugins that are on the web, like the jQuerry Mind Map Plugin (can't post its link here)?

Thanks for keeping up the great work! :)

BR,

marsian

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: FO 3.x feedback & suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 07:11:01 am »
Hello,

I'm just curious if the Team is active in these Forums or not?

Thx,

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 12:36:20 pm »
Hi,

first of all FengOffice is a great tool and I like how it's evolving from the early OpenGoo days to what it is today! :)

We're running the Community Version of it and after upgrading to 3.x (we came from 2.7.1.6) we noticed a couple of things:
  • Workspaces; after the upgrade all of our existing Workspaces where still there, but not available for administration under Settings -> Workspaces. We tried adding new ones with the hope of having the Software reload all of the available ones, but no luck yet. So the only option to manage migrated workspaces is so far from the navigation panel on the left side
  • Moving objects across workspaces; I thought that in earlier versions it was possible to to mass-select objects (Tasks/Notes/Weblinks etc.) and move them with a global function from the top pane to another Workspace, but so far I can only move them to the Trash  :-\ It would be great to have this as a feature for a future release!
  • Colored boxes in Tasks, Weblinks etc. overview; with the current release the colored background of the Workspace and Tags field per object line is a) not with rounded edges but with rectangular ones (which is different to for example the colored boxes in the activity stream on the start page) and b) they do not have any spacings between them so it makes them sometimes hard to read if you have the Workspace and a couple of tags assigned. It would be great if for a future release you could maybe unify the overal design and layout of those attributes per object as it is within the activy stream? (Tested with IE11)
  • Login window; when you're in a certain view (e.g. Tasks) and switch to another view (e.g. Links) while in the Background the logout timer has expired, the new page + its content will load for a few seconds anyhow before it will come up with the relogin popup. Probably that could be reworked so in case of an expired logout the switch to a new view is not possible at all?
On the features side, I'd love to see an online MindMap plugin integrated in a future Version, which would really enhance collaboration. Maybe you could implement one of the existing plugins that are on the web, like the jQuerry Mind Map Plugin (can't post its link here)?

Thanks for keeping up the great work! :)

BR,

Hello there!

To start with, yes, we read everything that gets posted. However, we still have not enough time to respond to everyone in the Forums as fast as we would like to, sorry about that :)

Concerning your feedback, thank you very much for it, it is really welcome!

Some replies to it:
1- Workspaces: Not sure what you mean. If you go to Settings you cannot see the Workspaces option like you can when you go to our demo?

2- Moving objects: Yes. You can drag and drop them (except for tasks, yet). Before, you needed to press on the 6 dots, now it is anywhere but on the name of the object (otherwise you would access it).

3- Coloured boxes: It should now be the same everywhere. Please try with the latest version available.

4- Log in window: That is quite odd. Your session should not expire out of the blue. May be it is a server setting problem? Or a browser one? Have you tried with FireFox or Chrome?

5- MindMap: Indeed, this would be great. But truth be told, it is not in our current Road Map.. not for the near future at least.
Should you really find it useful, we can always work on a custom development. If you are interested in this, feel free to drop me a private message for further info.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

marsian

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 03:08:28 pm »
Hello Franceso,

thank you for your Feedback!

• Workspaces: that one has been fixed by one of the builds that came out since I've done this post, so this is no issue anymore
  • Moving objects: Got it - must have overseen this one in the docu :)
  • Colored boxes: please see my attached screenshots; one shows how it's displayed within the activity feed, and the other one is from within the Weblinks section
  • Logout Scenario: this one has enhanced as well over the last relases, and I did not experience it anymore
  • MindMap: ok, thanks for that open Feedback - we'll consider that offer!

Best regards,
marsian

Update: tests have been done with the recent 3.1.2.2

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 10:41:31 am »
Hi Marisan,

Thanks for the feedback provided! Happy to know that most things were solved.

I will share those screenshots with our Dev Team :)

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

marsian

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 05:18:20 am »
Hi Francisco,

any news on the colored tag boxes? Their shape hasn't change since we've talked, is that something that will be addressed with 3.2?

Thanks,