Author Topic: How to Upgrade 3.x - to 3.x  (Read 3639 times)

RayGauthier

• View Profile
How to Upgrade 3.x - to 3.x
« on: December 17, 2014, 06:38:19 pm »
This may be a little early but I seem to have gone in and downloaded and installed the 3.0-beta.  I see that 3.0-rc2 is available now.  I've searched the Wiki and can't see anything about upgrading. 3.0.  I unfortunately have a lot of data in there already that I'd prefer not to lose but I feel I should likely upgrade from the -beta version.

I was thinking about just replacing he files but that's probably a bad idea.  I've backed everything up so I "could" try it unless there are steps I can follow to upgrade properly.  I'm on a shared server on Bluehost and I can perform some shell commands but not all.

steveg

• View Profile
Re: How to Upgrade 3.x - to 3.x
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 11:42:03 am »
Process is the same as upgrading 2.x to 2.x.

Take a look in the readme.txt file, it explains the process well (although references 2.x - 2.x upgrade)

Basically you replace the files and run the upgrade script (either web or shell).  But, backup your database any any documents held in the filesystem first!

It's actually quite an easy process to upgrade.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 02:24:05 pm »
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

Ericmuc

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 08:17:45 am »
Hi,

A great step forward would be an automatic update process like the ones build in in Wordpress and Joomla. Within the system there is a button fro updating and thats it.

I am running a 2.7 instance and cannot update because of an error. So I have to start again with a new installation, but all the e-mails in the system, which I have not in the imap account because the bad sync process (not working), I will not have them in the new installation, hmm, that is not so good ...

Thanks for all the work, I love feng office.
Eric