Author Topic: How can I completely hide Time  (Read 2623 times)

RayGauthier

• View Profile
How can I completely hide Time
« on: December 17, 2014, 03:23:41 pm »
I'm using Feng 3.0-beta

The problem I have is that I need to completely hide all Time entries from clients.  We use Feng as our internal time tracker and we also assign IDs to clients so they can post to tasks, add notes and upload/download task related documents.  We do not however want clients to see our time inputs in any way. 

I can edit permissions so that they do not have the time module and so that they do not see any time in the detailed task view BUT, the problem is that on the Task List view, they still are able to select the Show: estimated time, pending time and worked time - and this time data shows up in the list view. 

We charge for projects on a flat rate basis and do not want clients to know how much time we have logged against the project.

I've tried various User Types and permission settings but they all show the time in the Task List view no matter what the permissions.

I suspect I need to edit feng/application/views/task/task_list.php or task_list_row.php or view_tasks.php  but if someone could help get me started I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ray

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: How can I completely hide Time
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 02:26:54 pm »
Hi Ray,

For the time being there is no permission controlling tasks timeslots. This is something we plan to work on later on but for the Professional and Enterprise Edition, not for the Community one.
Should this be the only showstopper preventing you from using Feng Office, and you are willing to acquire either the Professional or Enterprise Edition, please feel free to drop me a private message so that we can discuss this further.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!