Author Topic: Feng Office Upgrade Manual  (Read 9978 times)

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Feng Office Upgrade Manual
« on: May 11, 2012, 04:26:10 pm »
Dear All,

We have been really busy lately, more than usual actually, so we have not been able to pay much attention here, even though we certainly are looking forward to doing so.

Considering the fact that many of you have had issues when upgrading from 1.X to 2.X, I would like to share with you all a document with step by step guides on how to do it. You may find this document here:
Upgrade Manual
You would need to upgrade to the 2.1 RC to make sure everything is all right

On the other hand, as some people asked us about this, I want you all to know that we are working very hard and let you know that the development of Feng Office will certainly go on. In fact, the new release will be soon, which will bring along many new fixes and some improvements as well.

Best regards,
Francisco
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 10:28:14 pm by franponce87 »
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Feng Office Upgrade Manual
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 10:28:50 pm »
Link updated! Please look this post:
http://forums.fengoffice.com/index.php?topic=15237.0

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

falcon7

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Feng Office Upgrade process failed
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 05:01:51 pm »
I have a happy and active 2.0.0.8 install.  I followed the instructions mentioned in the Upgrade Guide, and the upgrade appeared to have succeeded.
However, in many places in the interface things were broken, leading to database errors (which you can see if you set debug=true in config.php).

I had to roll back.

So, word to the wise- make sure you backup both the files and the database before upgrading.