Author Topic: All notification emails sent from one address?  (Read 3655 times)

kennethav

• View Profile
All notification emails sent from one address?
« on: May 07, 2014, 10:03:18 pm »
My Feng installation is setup to send notification emails from the user who posted a new message. Problem is, since Yahoo changed its sender-verification strategy (blog.mailchimp.com/yahoo-changes-may-affect-your-deliverability), those emails are not being delivered if the user uses a yahoo email address.

Is there some way to setup Feng so all notifications come from the same email address, instead of using the user's email address?

Thanks!
Ken

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: All notification emails sent from one address?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 12:17:02 pm »
Hello Ken,

Actually.. that is how it works. It does use one email address only. It just masks it a little bit, but that is all.
There is a useful article in the Wiki for these cases explaining how to correctly set it up.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

kennethav

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 07:56:32 pm »
Francisco, thanks for responding... unfortunately, that's not what I'm seeing. My Feng installation sends me emails every time someone replies to a topic that I'm subscribed to. And those emails have a "From" address that is set to that user's email address.

ft

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 03:42:18 pm »
I have the same problem. I need all notification emails being sent from one address.
Please help :/

ft

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 08:53:00 am »
Anyone?

steveg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 10:58:14 am »
Go to company info and ensure you have the email you want feng to send from in as the company email.

Also - set up smtp sending and not php, and it shoudl all send from the one email address you specify.