Author Topic: Upgrade path from version 1.6.1 to 1.7.3.3  (Read 5826 times)

jgerald

• View Profile
    • Email
Upgrade path from version 1.6.1 to 1.7.3.3
« on: September 16, 2014, 10:39:05 am »
I am hoping someone will see this and give me some help on this.
I am trying to migrate our old OpenGoo 1.6 version to Feng Office.
I have upgraded OpenGoo 1.6 to Feng Office 1.6.1.

Now when I try to upgrade using /public/upgrade it says: There is no upgrade path from version 1.6.1 to 1.7.3.3
Actually it says this for all versions but this seems to be the next required upgrade based on what I am reading.
I have tried the manual upgrade that is posted here:
"upgrading_from_1x_to_2x"
But when I get to step 7 i am getting script errors on line 142 having to do with connection to the DB.
I have checked my entries and they are correct and have tried several variations of this code but nothing seems to work.

Can anyone give me some pointers or help me find some articles or posts that might help me move to the next step?

Thanks
John

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Upgrade path from version 1.6.1 to 1.7.3.3
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 03:31:06 pm »
Hi John,

It would be best to upgrade it to the 1.7.X version first, and then to the latest 2.X version.
Chances are the upgrade is not working due to permissions in the files, or maybe some misconfiguration on your end.
In case you need official and further assistance, our Team could help you out with it.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

jgerald

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 03:47:03 pm »
Francisco,

I may not have been crystal clear on my previous post but this is the free version that I am trying to upgrade.

I have now tried going from 1.6.1 to 1.7x and then up to 2.x and still getting errors. It actually runs to finish in most cases, have tried it like 5 times now, and the data is there but things are not right. When I log in no tasks or projects are assigned any longer to team members.

Does you company work with upgrading the free version?
If yes how is that handled and what are the typical costs associated with this type of support?

Thanks,
John

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 03:57:24 pm »
Hi John,

Thanks for the clarification.
In that case chances are that the upgrade has not finished correctly.

Yes, we can assist you with upgrading the free version.
I will be shortly sending you an email with further information about it.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!