Author Topic: About the Wiki (or French vs German)  (Read 3373 times)

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
About the Wiki (or French vs German)
« on: June 04, 2009, 08:23:12 pm »
Is it too politically incorrect to tease OpenGoo's German-speaking community about the greater advances of the French-language Wiki over the German-language Wiki?

If it is, I won't do it. But I thought it would be smart to ask.  :P
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

werner.wuerfel

• View Profile
Re: About the Wiki (or French vs German)
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 02:57:18 am »
Hi conrado,

nice questions.  What's about this: http://forums.opengoo.org/index.php?topic=773.0 Coming next: official procedure for documentation contributions.

We never heard more about this..

And then the Base off all OpenGoo Wiki is the English Wiki and this one based on Version 1.0 off OpenGoo...  Here you can read the Answer from M. Sauter: http://forums.opengoo.org/index.php?topic=943.0

With a little more information from the developer team what is coming in OpenGoo the German community can organize this doing...

Thanks for OpenGoo, it is a great tool
Werner Wuerfel
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 03:05:20 am by werner.wuerfel »

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Re: About the Wiki (or French vs German)
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 02:24:37 pm »
Ha! Good reply Werner!

The team is in fact slow when it comes to formalizing some of the procedures. :( Sorry!

For the documentation in the Wiki, we shall probably apply something very similar to the Wikipedia policies and guidelines. In the meantime, lets just stick to those.

We do not need to base things on English. It could very well be that some sections of the project get developed in a different language first, and then derive from there all other language versions. I am sure that if the German Wiki get better developed, someone will come along to "import" that knowledge and translate it!  ;)
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.