Author Topic: Misleading error message from install script...  (Read 2302 times)

bungayst

• View Profile
    • Email
Misleading error message from install script...
« on: September 11, 2014, 12:48:36 pm »
CentOS 6.5 32 bit
Feng Office 2.7.0.1

Feng install script reports that it can't connect to the MySQL servce with data provided. I proved this message incorrect signing in with the very same data via a MySQL workbench (V6.0.9-1) session; on the same machine as Feng is to be set up on.

On a side note, an OwnCLoud install (same machine) had the same issue, I ended up using SQLLite to get around that one. Also (probablynot related but worth mentioning) mySQL Workbench (V7.1.7.1) couldn't connect because it was unable to start an SSH tunnel (but it's Python and these scripts are PHP).

The problem then appears to be deeper than just the 'data provided', the error message is only partially correct, yes it can't sign in, but it is not the fault of the data provided, it's something else. I appeal to those who have a better understanding of the inner workings.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 12:51:43 pm by bungayst »

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Misleading error message from install script...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 03:51:23 pm »
Chances are it is a server setting preventing to perform the connection, such as a missing library or other.
Have you already solved this matter?
Otherwise, if you need further and official assistance, our Team could help you out with it. If so, please send me a private message in the forum.

Best,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!