Author Topic: feature: IMAP support has been developed ???  (Read 2322 times)

Ericmuc

• Freshman
    • View Profile
feature: IMAP support has been developed ???
« on: May 21, 2014, 06:21:17 am »
Hi,

I installed 2.6 for the hope to have now an full functional imap-client included, which stores the sent e-mails direct in the sent order of the imap account for example.

But this doesn't work. I now have inbox e-mails also in sent directory in feng office and the sent e-mail is stored only in feng office (folder name in the list is empty) and not in the imap folder. With this I cannot work with this version.

So what means "feature: IMAP support has been developed"? What am I making wrong? Please help.

Thanks!

steveg

• View Profile
Re: feature: IMAP support has been developed ???
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 10:07:04 am »
Yes - I`d love that feature as well...  however, the email functionality in the community version is basic, and so one needs to live with that.  The enhanced IMAP development appears to be related to the inbox - if you mark it as read in feng, it will be marked as read in the other imap server, if you delete, it will delete from the server, etc...  it is a little more developed than it used to be, but still has some ways to go in the community version. 

It would help to have the following:

Full sync with imap server, including sent items
Ability to access imap server folders

I realize that this is a difficult implementation as one has to choose how to handle email - put it in imap folders, or classify/relate it to a workspace.