Author Topic: error message when sending e-mail in 2.5.1.2  (Read 3154 times)

kyomar

• Freshman
    • View Profile
error message when sending e-mail in 2.5.1.2
« on: April 14, 2014, 07:15:06 pm »
Hi, great software fengoffice - I love it. But I have a problem since updating to 2.5.1.2 with sending e-mails. I am getting the following message: "We are sorry, but Feng Office is not currently able to execute your request. An Error Report has been sent to the administrator". Funny the mails are sent anyway and it doesn't happen always (update: now it happens always).

I would be grateful for any help.
Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 11:38:33 pm by kyomar »

kyomar

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: error message when sending e-mail since 2.5.1.2
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 11:38:15 pm »
I turned debug on and I am getting the following error messages:

Error: imap_open() [<a href='function.imap-open'>function.imap-open</a>]: Couldn't open stream

Query failed with message 'MySQL server has gone away'
Error params:
File:    /home/../../.../environment/library/database/adapters/AbstractDBAdapter.class.php
Line:    392
Sql:    SELECT `id`, `object_type_id`, `name`, `created_on`, `created_by_id`, `updated_on`, `updated_by_id`, `trashed_on`, `trashed_by_id`, `archived_on`, `archived_by_id` FROM `fo_objects` WHERE `id` = '5562'
Error number:    2006
Error message:    MySQL server has gone away

Any idea why this happens?

Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 12:35:30 am by kyomar »

kyomar

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: error message when sending e-mail in 2.5.1.2
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 12:55:57 am »
Hi, problem solved. Because I moved to a new host I had to fetch Imap folders and now everything is working fine again.

kyomar

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 08:28:26 pm »
Hi, I have to re-open this post as the error message started to popup again. That's really annoying as I never know whether the e-mail has been sent or not. It looks like the e-mails are sent but I don't see theme in the sent folder.

Please I need to solve this problem. Any help is very appreciated.
Thank you!

Update:
I have three accounts, 1=pop3 and 2=imap. Only the pop3 account doesn't perform well (error message above). How can I switch safely a pop3 account to an imap account in fengoffice?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 11:30:55 pm by kyomar »

kyomar

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 07:42:19 pm »
It looks like everybody is on holiday. Any help?

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 11:32:09 am »
Hi there!

No holidays on our behalf at least, been working hard on the 2.6 version. Not sure about the rest of the Community though heh.
So, glad to know you solved the issue the first time. Sad to know it came back later on.

Those kind of problems could be due to server settings or firewalls, but I would first suggest you upgrading to the 2.5.1.4 or to the 2.6-RC version and try again. If it still fails to work, may be you could consider getting access to our Official Support Team and also to our Professional Edition and its Advanced Email module (along many other improvements).

If you would like to know further about this, feel free to drop me a PM in the Forum as lately I unfortunately seldom have time to look into it thoroughly.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!