Author Topic: Custom sort (or to-do list)?  (Read 5419 times)

msoutherton

• View Profile
Custom sort (or to-do list)?
« on: March 11, 2014, 05:09:34 pm »
First off: I love this product.

And now, my feature request: can we get an area or view that will allow us to custom sort and custom filter a task list? I'll describe the issue I have, in case there is already a solution, or perhaps you would solve it differently:

It's not uncommon for myself or anyone else in my organization to have 100+ (maybe even a lot more) pending tasks assigned to them (our client projects are delivered 2 to 3 years out). What I love about Feng is its ability to make sense of all the noise depending on what workspace you have selected, your sort order, your filters, etc.... However, I still haven't found a way to use Feng as my "to-do" list.

A lot of our internal tasks do not have due dates. There's simply too much to do, so we simply assign a priority to each task and then work as fast as we can while constantly re-prioritizing our task list as each new request comes in.

I would LOVE for the ability to manage a to-do list in Feng in a separate list or task view. I can currently look at my massive task list, organized however I want by workspace, milestone, dates, priority, etc., but I would love to be able to manually flag maybe 4 or 5 tasks at a time and move them into a new "Tasks for Today" view which I can drag-and-drop to re-order however I want and check them off as I go.

This would help me focus only on what I have to do, and would also create a priority list each day that everyone can review with their teams and supervisors.

Thoughts?

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Custom sort (or to-do list)?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 12:17:16 pm »
Hello there, glad to know you love Feng :)

Thanks for your insight, much appreciated. Some of the things you mentioned are in our Road Map, but truth be told not with the highest priority.
In the meantime, as a workaround, I would suggest using Tags as well. Then if you filter by a tag it will be easy to see your To-Do list and do not get overwhelmed by all the other tasks.

Hope you find this tip useful!

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!