Author Topic: Restoring previous version of a document  (Read 3660 times)

carcam

• View Profile
    • Gnumla!
    • Email
Restoring previous version of a document
« on: July 24, 2009, 06:19:06 am »
I want to get the previous version of a document I uploaded to my Opengoo, but although I can see the version history, I can't access the previous documents, where can I find them?  :-[
Gnumla
Tu sitio de Joomla! en español

carcam

• View Profile
    • Gnumla!
    • Email
Re: Restoring previous version of a document
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 07:31:50 am »
no one has an answer?  ???
Gnumla

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 03:16:48 am »
What I did was test it with an html (opengoo-created) document that I had.  There were 2 revisions. Selected the document.html, clicked on (+) Revisions, then clicked on the Download button for Rev #1. It opened the document.html fine. I closed that, then opened Rev #2, and it opened document.html with the new revision.

I then did the same thing with a Microsoft Word document (word.doc) that I had which also had 2 revisions. I followed the same steps as above, and confirmed that both were different versions.

So now I feel better that I confirmed it all works okay.  To access your previous versions, just go to your Documents tab, click on the name of the document, then click on (+) Revisions, then click on the Download button (a graphical down arrow) in the coloured area to the right of the revision #.
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

carcam

• View Profile
    • Gnumla!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 05:51:04 am »
So now I feel better that I confirmed it all works okay.  To access your previous versions, just go to your Documents tab, click on the name of the document, then click on (+) Revisions, then click on the Download button (a graphical down arrow) in the coloured area to the right of the revision #.

Thanks Pet!!! I was trying to get the links at the "view history" link... I didn't notice about the download link at the document page...  :-[. Thanks again.
Gnumla