Author Topic: whats the best upgrade path within 2.x (want to go from 2.2.2 to 2.5)  (Read 2108 times)

petekorakis

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi folks,

Can someone clear up what the best path is to go from 2.2.2 to 2.5 (the latest version as of writing this)?

I recently tried to upgrade (via console) from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3.1 and saw a notice of:
There is no upgrade path from version 2.2.2 to 2.2.3.1
(see http://forum.fengoffice.com/index.php?topic=19125.0 for more on this failed upgrade)

Do I need to go from 2.2.x to 2.3.x to 2.4.x to 2.5 and if so, which specific versions would upgrade best - ie to upgrade to 2.3.x should I go from 2.2.x to 2.3 (the first version of 2.3) or 2.2.x to 2.3.2.1 (the final version of 2.3), or something else?

Thanks for any help, advice, or feedback,

Pete K.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: whats the best upgrade path within 2.x (want to go from 2.2.2 to 2.5)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 06:11:03 pm »
Hello!

No, you just need to state the last version. Do not need to do it one by one.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

petekorakis

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: whats the best upgrade path within 2.x (want to go from 2.2.2 to 2.5)
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 02:27:40 pm »
Thank you Francisco.

Good to know for future upgrades, if I ever dare attempt another FO upgrade (too many failed attempts and lots of time has been spent already.. thank something for backups is all I can say!)

I suspected it was as you said, however, I did notice in the command line when I first tried to go from 2.2.2 to 2.4 that the system first ran an upgrade to (one of the) 2.3 versions. Though I didn't copy that notice (I should have), it then produced errors going from that 2.3.x to 2.4 - errors I had to go in and correct in MySQL directly..

Again, thanks for providing some help however!

PK