Author Topic: being redirected to /public/install after upgrading (ver 2.2.2 to 2.2.3.1)  (Read 3808 times)

petekorakis

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi folks,

I'm having problems upgrading my successfully working Feng Office installation (of ver 2.2.2). At first I tried going up to ver 2.4 (then 2.4.0.6) but upon upgrading was having trouble adding new notes, tasks, etc. so I decided to revert back to my backed up (pre-upgrade) dbase and webfiles, then start the upgrade again only this time in smaller steps/increments (ie going from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3.1; then to 2.2.4.1, etc, etc).

My first (re-)attempt to upgrade (via console/command line) was from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3.1 where I saw the following  note:
There is no upgrade path from version 2.2.2 to 2.2.3.1.

Nonetheless, I proceeded to (list and) upgrade my plugins, checked for autoloader.php in /cache (wasn't there), then proceeded to the webpage to refresh and see the results of the upgrade.

However, upon trying to reload I was redirected to /public/install/ as if I was trying to install Feng Office from scratch.

I even tried to run the upgrade via browser to see if that would get me to the site, but instead saw this error:
Notice: Use of undefined constant DEFAULT_LOCALIZATION - assumed 'DEFAULT_LOCALIZATION' in /home/USER/public_html/project_management/public/upgrade/include.php on line 39

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'FileDnxError' with message 'Failed to find language settings file. Expected location: '/home/USER/public_html/project_management/language/DEFAULT_LOCALIZATION.php'.' in /home/USER/public_html/project_management/public/upgrade/library/classes/Localization.class.php:108 Stack trace: #0 /home/USER/public_html/project_management/public/upgrade/library/classes/Localization.class.php(83): Localization->loadLanguageSettings() #1 /home/USER/public_html/project_management/public/upgrade/include.php(39): Localization->loadSettings('DEFAULT_LOCALIZ...', '/home/USER/pub...') #2 /home/USER/public_html/project_management/public/upgrade/index.php(8): require_once('/home/USER/pub...') #3 {main} thrown in /home/USER/public_html/project_management/public/upgrade/library/classes/Localization.class.php on line 108

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, time, and help.

Pete K.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hello there!

Seems like the previous upgrades were not done correctly and therefore these ones got somehow corrupted.
You could look into the code and find which SQL commands need to be run, or otherwise if we could somehow access your server we could look into it ourselves. Otherwise blind guessing would be rather hard.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

petekorakis

• View Profile
    • Email
Thank you for the reply.

About two months ago (during the first attempt to upgrade, then to 2.4), I had to go into MySQL to make edits to allow for the upgrade to complete. However, although the upgrade appeared to be  successful, I was still unable to add any new content to FO. Meaning, I could see my old data and post new content (tasks, notes, events, etc.), I would receive the email confirm for each new item, but wasn't able to see them or find them on the site. I turned on debugging and still couldn't figure out the problem.

Meanwhile since my original post in this forum (above), I redid this part of the upgrade, getter further along (past the redirect issue), but then saw fatal errors while upgrading past ver 2.3.x

So, after 4 different attempts to upgrade (going from ver 2.2.2 to ver 2.4.x as well as to 2.5), I've decided to stick with ver 2.2.2 (the originally installed version). I've reverted back to my backed up dbase and files, and I'm back up and running (for the first time in over two months I can successfully add tasks, notes, events, etc.)..

Thanks again for the reply. But I have to say in my over ten years of working with open source applications and projects, big and small (ie. linux, icecast, php, drupal, joomla, open office, libre office, and many more), for a project this large, mature, and developed, these community forums are not where they need to be to provide the confidence and support needed..

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hello Pete,

That is actually pretty odd.. the process we actually follow when upgrading is the very same as the one posted in our Wiki:
http://www.fengoffice.com/web/wiki/doku.php/installation:migration#upgrading_from_1x_to_1x_or_2x_to_2x

As to your comments about the Forums, I am not sure whether I understand your statement correctly. However, do know that every possible help from your or anyone else around is pretty appreciated.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

jm.trillo

• View Profile
Hi, I know this is an old topic but I just had this same issue upgrading to 2.6 and I wanted to share in case it happens with someone else.

What happened to me is that by mistake I overwrote the config/conflig.php with the one in the newer version when I was getting ready for the upgrade, which is where DEFAULT_LOCALIZATION is defined .  Since the one in the newer version not only has no valid connection details but it's empty, this error happens. It's obviously a human mistake, but the feedback the upgrade gives is a bit obscure for such simple error. Upgrade instructions doesn't mention the config.php either I think.

Best regards

Juan Manuel Trillo