Author Topic: fatal error  (Read 3107 times)

ignition

• View Profile
    • Email
fatal error
« on: May 22, 2009, 04:37:27 pm »
Installed and have been using OpenGoo without error and everything has been working like a charm for over a week now. All of a sudden we are now experiencing an error message when we try and access our OpenGoo. Nothing has changed or moved on our server and all settings are the same as yesterday. Any ideas as to what this error may be referencing?

When we try and access the index.php page instead of the typical login screen we are receiving

Error
We are sorry, but a fatal error prevented OpenGoo from executing your request. An Error Report has been sent to the administrator.

A debug reveals

Query failed with message 'Unknown column 'can_manage_reports' in 'field list''

Really at a loss to what the issue is. Any help would be most definitely appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 04:48:14 pm by ignition »

alvarotm01

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: fatal error
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 06:51:48 pm »
It seems that upgrade wasn't executed or it didn't finish succesfully.

if you didn't run upgrade, go to "http://<opengoo_url>/public/upgrade/" and follow the instructions.

if upgrade was executed but didn't finish successfully, you can change the version to 1.3.1 in 'config/installed_version.php' and run the upgrade again.
If when doing this you get the message duplicated column 'column_x' you have to search in 'public/upgrade/templates/db_migration/1_4_nutria.php' the line where 'column_x' is being added (i.e. ALTER TABLE `table_x` ADD COLUMN `column_x` ....)
and delete it. Then run upgrade again.

hope this helps
greetings

ignition

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 08:12:11 pm »
Alright, got it up and running again. All still very odd since we were not upgrading at the time. Decided to go for v1.4. Had to try installing it twice but now it seems to be back to normal. Yay. Thanks for the quick response.

Villie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 11:04:07 pm »
I had exactly the same problem. Running the goo for months and suddenly 'Fatal Error' on the login page. My issue was due to the fact that the drive I was hosted on had run out of room but my hosting quota wasn't full. A quick discussion with the host and all was sorted. Goo up and running again.