Author Topic: Tag Scope  (Read 2903 times)

JimmyBoy

• View Profile
    • Email
Tag Scope
« on: May 17, 2009, 02:55:00 am »
I dont know how anyone else feels, but I would find it useful to be able to specify the scope that tags are related to.

For example:
Global
Workspace Only
Workspace+Children

If you have a lot of workspaces and a lot of tags, I find myself getting a little bit overwhelmed with all the tags that are available to me.

I often find when I am in a workspace, I am wanting to use tags that really are only of any use in that paticular workspace - no others, say for example you have 10 workspaces, and each workspace has 10 tags, you now have 100 tags in you "Filter tags" list, and the majority of those tags are workspace specific (ie, not really relavent to your current workspace).

At the moment I am finding myself prefixing the tags name with the workspace's name to try and make things a bit more managable, but a) this is a workaround, not really a solution, b) I would imagine others would find this useful and may not think of the "work around".

It wouldnt have to be a problem for people who didnt want this feature, as current tags / new tags can just be added as "Global" (as they currently are), but tags could be assigned to a specific workspace during / after thier creation.

Thanks.

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Re: Tag Scope
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 12:32:00 pm »
I agree.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

cguyer

• MSN Messenger - colby_guyer@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - excag03
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - excag18
    • View Profile
    • TIU11
    • Email
Re: Tag Scope
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 09:54:12 am »
i'm for that as well.