Author Topic: Tracking feature requests...  (Read 3187 times)

JimmyBoy

• View Profile
    • Email
Tracking feature requests...
« on: May 16, 2009, 07:07:50 pm »
Hi,

This is my first post on the forum, so im hoping I havent missed something completely obvious, but is there anywhere we (the user) can see what current features are actually being considered for a future release etc...

There are a few things that I would like to see implemented, but it's quite time consuming to see if the feature I want has actually already been suggested and may actually be in development.

Would be nice if we could have a sticky topic at the top "Feature Requests" which would list all requests, for example, it could be formatted something like :

(development) Feature Request 1
(noted) Feature Request 2
(refused) Feature Request 3
(completed) Feature Request 4

Feature Request 1
Here we have a more detailed description of this feature request.

Feature Request 2

Feature Request 3

Feature Request 4

This is only a suggestion and may be more suited to some kind of online bug/development tracking software, but ultimately, whatever route is chosen, would be nice to be able to see what feature requests there are to see if what you want has already been suggested.

Thanks.ac

JimmyBoy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tracking feature requests...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 07:14:15 pm »
Also, it would be nice if there was a way for me to say that I am interested in feature xx, would then be nice if you could see how many people have an interest in a paticular feature, which in turn would help the development team see what are the most important features (according to the users) to add to OpenGoo.

koko

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 05:30:44 am »
Hi,

There is a good website to handle this: http://getsatisfaction.com

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 12:29:49 pm »
Hi JimmyBoy.

Thanks for joining the community.

We do listen to all users' feedback. But take special care on making very little promises. We would like to promise more, but truth is that the roadmap changes almost on a daily basis, and that we receive tens of new requests daily, so it would be very difficult to keep a good & real status track for all.
We do not mind similar-duplicate- requests every now and then. We just may not comment on it.

What we do have in place is a list of features we would like to have sponsored. Many have contacted us to sponsor features that were not there, and we have happily worked on those (whenever possible).

Those sponsorships, in addition to other Feng Office resources, are what keep fueling development of OpenGoo.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 05:01:38 pm »
Hi,

There is a good website to handle this: http://getsatisfaction.com

I wouldn't call it good, one should be cautious when considering those guys.  Here are a few links to get you started: here and here.

I see no need to pay them to do what the OpenGoo community already does here.
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

koko

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 05:33:53 am »
Hi,

Indeed, they don't play as nice as it looks like!
Thanks for the insight!!