Author Topic: Document downloads result in binary text inside browser, no download file  (Read 6872 times)

markoan

• View Profile
Hi, we have been workin with version 1.3.1 of OpenGoo for a week and have uploaded several documents.
Now that we have tryed to download some of them we find that we are unable to download. Clicking on the download link results in the browser displaying garbled text that I assume is the binary content of the document.
Is this a server issue or something related to OpenGoo? How can I tell the browser that it is actually a file that needs to be downloaded?
Which configuration files should I check?

Thanks

ignacio

• View Profile
What type of document is it? What about other types of documents?

markoan

• View Profile
Hi ignacio.

It is the same for all documents. I have tested it with xlsx, pdf and doc.

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
Usually it is the browser that should know.  You shouldn't have a mime type set for this on the server.

Have you tried downloading it using a different browser? What browser are you using?

cheers
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

markoan

• View Profile
Solved the problem.
We are using OpenGoo in spanish.
Turns out that some files had UTF-8 characters and the files where encoded as UTF-8 with BOM (some encoded header characters).
I just needed to edit these files and convert to UTF-8 without BOM.
It seems the BOM header gets sent to the browser before PHP finishes parsing the code and this messes things up.
I hope this helps in case someone runs into the same problem.

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
Good to hear, thanks for posting the solution!
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?