Author Topic: Permissions for contact information  (Read 1991 times)

rainbowtux

• View Profile
Permissions for contact information
« on: October 16, 2013, 10:57:19 am »
Dear all,

I am working for a non-profit organization and we would like to use Feng Office as collaboration tool. Privacy is important to us though and we would like to hide contact information of our users, except for our coordinator and secretary. How can I do this with Feng Office?

Thanks in advance!

steveg

• View Profile
Re: Permissions for contact information
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 12:31:00 pm »
I would suggest you read about permissions here:

fengoffice.com/web/wiki/doku.php/permissions

Unless you share a workspace with someone, they can't see other users contact information.  You can also change permissions for a particular user in their permissions setting if you want to allow or remove access to user contact information.  (people).

rainbowtux

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 01:38:14 pm »
I found the issue: even if you disable the people permission, it remains possible to view the contact information of other users via the overview tab. Disabling the overview permission solves this, but then you cannot get an overview of anything...

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 10:38:48 am »
Actually if you set up the permissions correctly you should not be seeing other contacts. Seems like there are some other permissions in between that you have yet to investigate.

Feel free to have a look at our demo as well:
demo.fengoffice.com

Best,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!