Author Topic: Documents disappeared  (Read 2929 times)

steveg

• View Profile
Documents disappeared
« on: August 20, 2013, 04:48:35 pm »
After changing the name and Located Under workspace, my tasks and documents have disappeared.

They seem to still exist in the db - but are no longer linked properly.  I'm digging around looking to see how I might change the relationship manually - I would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks,

Steve

steveg

• View Profile
Re: Documents disappeared
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 09:11:05 pm »
So - the files still exist, somehow in the change, the permissions changed, so I could not access them.

Logging in with an admin user, and subscribing myself to the files allowed them to be seen in my screen.

I had thought that if I had full permissions to a workspace, I would see all of the files regardless of whether I was subscribed to them?  Perhaps this was an incorrect assumption.

Thanks all!

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 10:27:58 am »
Seems like when you changed the workspace name, the permissions were changed too?
In which version did you experience this?
Also, do you remember how did you edit the workspace? Was it through the Administration panel, double clicking on the tree on your left, clicking on the "Edit" option on the tree on your left.. other way?

Look forward to your comments.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

steveg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 01:02:45 pm »
This was in 2.3.1.1.

I clicked the edit option on the workspaces tree.  I then changed the name, the located under, and in this particular case, I believe, I did something I don't normally do - I removed permission for myself in error, and then re-added full permissions prior to clicking save.

Somehow this resulted in the file not being accessible to me, but still to the other users.

If I re-subscribed to the file, it became visable again to me.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 01:46:12 pm »
Dear Steve,

Thank you very much for your feedback, much appreciated.
This is strongly related to an improvement that it has already been added to the 2.3.2 beta version (and onwards) where permissions settings have been changed and improved from our vantage point.
Nonetheless I am taking note of this behaviour so that my colleagues can look into it when possible.

Thanks again!

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!