Author Topic: New services for the community and new definition: what do you think?  (Read 6486 times)

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
There is a new home page in place. The changes aim to better define what OpenGoo is, and promote new Feng Office services designed specifically for the OpenGoo community.

It would be very valuable for us to learn everyone's feedback.

Please read the goo blog post to learn more about what motivates the new services and the changes to the home page.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

rportinga

• View Profile
    • Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.
    • Email
Re: New services for the community and new definition: what do you think?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 11:43:03 am »
Initial impression when I just saw it was very clean...

I'll try to dig in to it this weekend and let you know more.
Rob Portinga
Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.

oxydum

• View Profile
Re: New services for the community and new definition: what do you think?
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 05:20:44 am »
Sure,very clean, that's a great page for a great tool. Perhaps missing a challenge for the community, i. e. building themes why not...
 ;)
Propulsé par OpenGoo 1.5.3 sur Xampp Windows XP SP3

cguyer

• MSN Messenger - colby_guyer@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - excag03
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - excag18
    • View Profile
    • TIU11
    • Email
nice and clean, think I would like to see roadmap information too.

Thomas

• View Profile
    • Email
Nice looking.

If this is to be the global home page for OpenGoo, I would personally want to know what it does beyond, "Web Office" before I see service offerings. Once I'm convinced, then up-sell me on how I'm going to implement it. You can easily do both on the home page without overwhelming and stay 'clean'.

Perhaps take the bottom right column text...

"Manage tasks, documents, contacts, e-mail, calendar, and more... Manage project progress, track time, and bill your customers. Access all information from a single and elegant dashboard. Communicate with co-workers, clients and vendors."

... and turn it into a row of boxes/icons (above the service offerings) that visually describes the app at a glance... Perhaps use hover text to get additional info on features...

I'm not sure if it's just me, but icons for the service offerings are a little confusing. The icons are making me think of things like notes, time mgt., web, etc. I want to know (or I'm expecting) what it does (even thought I do already).

Just my two cents....
Thomas

Thomas

• View Profile
    • Email
Just saw this, and I think it would be nice to see a little of it on the OpenGoo home page:
http://www.fengoffice.com/web/features.php