Author Topic: displaying workspaces label in calendar  (Read 4587 times)

msuzenne

• Freshman
    • View Profile
displaying workspaces label in calendar
« on: November 12, 2009, 05:56:56 pm »
Is there a mean to display workspaces labels in front of events in the calendar when the "all workspaces" is selected (i.e, there is no workspace scoping) ?
It would be great to have such display to visually discern what workspace an event is tied to.

thanks.

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
Re: displaying workspaces label in calendar
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 08:28:23 pm »
to my knowledge there isn't any way to state what workspace an event or task belongs to in the calendar, HOWEVER, when creating new workspaces (or editing current ones) you can assign a color to a workspace.

Not only does this place a ball the color of your choosing next to the workspace in the workspaces panel; it also colors the text of that workspaces objects to match the color of the ball.

So if I have a workspace with a purple ball, then in my calendar, all events for that workspace will have a purple background.  Also when viewing objects like contacts in "All" view, it states the workspace that the object belongs to and that is also color coded.

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 05:10:51 pm »
good tip, I never noticed this!
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

paulscallanjr

• MSN Messenger - paulscallanjr@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 02:51:20 pm »
Another quick way is to include the workspace name at the beginning of the event listing when creating a new event.

Such as:

{State v. Pritchard} Deposition of Defendant
Sincerely,

Paul Scallan, Jr., MCSA
paulscallanjr@homail.com

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 12:50:59 pm »
Another quick way is to include the workspace name at the beginning of the event listing when creating a new event.

Such as:

{State v. Pritchard} Deposition of Defendant

Good call  ;D

Speaking of the calendar, today I figured out how to sync my OpenGoo Calendar with my iPhone's calendar.

A week or so ago I figured out how to sync the calendar with my google calendar so that I can get daily emails of my "agenda".  And now I have that google calendar synced with the phone.  Awesomeness  ;D

Of course in this case adding the Workspace name would be very helpful since once the calendar travels to google it loses all it's color coding

hopefades

• View Profile
    • Advantages Of Career Placement Tests
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 12:44:43 pm »
the calendar is always helpful for me!

msuzenne

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 05:52:17 pm »
to my knowledge there isn't any way to state what workspace an event or task belongs to in the calendar, HOWEVER, when creating new workspaces (or editing current ones) you can assign a color to a workspace.

Not only does this place a ball the color of your choosing next to the workspace in the workspaces panel; it also colors the text of that workspaces objects to match the color of the ball.

So if I have a workspace with a purple ball, then in my calendar, all events for that workspace will have a purple background.  Also when viewing objects like contacts in "All" view, it states the workspace that the object belongs to and that is also color coded.

ok, I noticed this too, but it would be more convenient to have the name of the workspace before the event label, as it is done in tasks ...

Anyway, thanks a lot for your answers everybody, and thanks much to the OpenGoo team for such a great tool !